Is it a Protein Bar or a Candy Bar?

ipray
on 5/12/15 1:38 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

I found the information provided in the article interesting and helpful. (Which is the reason kairk recommended the article to us to begin with). Regardless of the product, additional information is always helpful in my book.  (I already know how many calories, sugars, etc. I should have.  The article provided additional information to help me to make an informed decision. Thanks again kairk and keep them coming!   

frisco
on 5/12/15 6:46 pm

They are traveler bars for me also..... most times they come back all mashed up.

I only really pack them for overseas flights or if I'm shooting on location in a remote area.

My doctor is OK with them in general, but would rather have us get off of the candy bar form factor as it is easy to replace one with the other.

That said, I'm not afraid of an occasional candy bar.... after several years out and I don't seem to wake up any sugar monsters.

So, I guess I would be more in the "It's a candy bar" camp.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Hislady
on 5/12/15 10:19 pm - Vancouver, WA

I just look at them as glorified candy bars and it seems you can't trust the manufacturers to be honest about their content. It seems one manufacturer after another is being sued over what the actual contents are and what the actual nutritional value is. So I rarely eat them maybe a couple of times a year if I'm out and have to grab something to eat. I would much rather grab some real food tho.

rumpole6
on 5/13/15 11:56 am

My feeling is that they are definitely candy bars, but  are a better choice than most. I do feel set off by them and try to limit the situations where I have them. It is dangerous for me to have a box of them in the house but I do keep one or two around.

I really liked the Oh Yeah bar but I was glad I only had one because I was not satisfied afterwards. I find i can eat just one quest bar and be satisfied.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Most Active
Recent Topics