Still getting weight comments?

MAchick
on 5/9/15 8:11 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Yesterday at work I was asking a work friend about a dress for a wedding. I showed her a picture, and we were talking about my weight loss and current size of 10. Another woman asked to see the picture, then started eyeing me up and down and said something about she can't believe I'm a size 10. She said I looked bigger than her, and she's a size 14/16...

What the hell is wrong with people? Do they have no filters?? I smiled sweetly, laughed it off, and mumbled something about "If you don't have anything nice to say...".

I'm a lot more confident now, but it really hit me in the self conscious gut. I had a rough week in terms of feeling bloated and trying to find this dress, so it REALLY got under my skin. I REALLY wish I hadn't let it though!

GooseGirl
on 5/9/15 8:37 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Southern women have a great response for those types of situations.... "Bless your heart". I swear any time you hear a bunch of southern women sitting around chatting about someone and they say "Bless her heart" that person is doomed. It's kinda funny how sweet they all sound but you know the subtext is any but sweet. I am normally really blunt and direct (ok, maybe *****y at times) but that phrase has really come in helpful at times. I know EXACTLY what I mean when I say it and it doesn't get me in trouble in a work setting. 

I am so sorry this women said this to you. I don't think that's a problem with no filters. I think that's a problem with someone being a ***** 

MAchick
on 5/9/15 8:40 am
VSG on 01/27/14

GG, this is great!! I am absolutely going to keep this for future responses! I'm a bit of a fiesty girl, so I often drop F-bombs, though I really try not to at work. You know, professionalism and stuff. This will be perfect!

psren13
on 5/9/15 8:37 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Well hon, looking at your pics on your profile, you look maybe a size 6 if even that to me and looking good.  I really like the dress too, very pretty.  Keep on keeping on,.  You're doing great and should be proud of your accomplishments.  

MAchick
on 5/9/15 8:49 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Thank you psren. I am definitely proud of myself! Some people just thrive on being beastly.

Beth Of Fletchair
on 5/9/15 2:33 am, edited 5/9/15 2:35 am

Or you could have just said something like "When I was fat I wasn't delusional!" You might not be proud of yourself for being beastly, but it would have given her something to think about.

KayDeeCee
on 5/9/15 12:03 pm
VSG on 01/26/15

Not only is she mean & rude, she is jealous! You look fantastic! :-) Kay

5'7" HW 256 (1/6/2014) SW 236.2 (VSG: 1/26/2015) CW 165.5 (01/10/2016) Total Weight Lost 90.5
Pre-Op: -19.8; Month 1: -19; Month 2: -12.7; Month 3: -9.9; Month 4: -7.2; Month 5: -6.4; Month 6: -2.8; Month 7: -3.7; Month 8: -4.2; Month 9: -0.6; Month 10: -2.1; Month 11: -0 Month 12: -2.1

GOALS: BMI Normal = 159 (6.5 to go); 100 LBs Lost = 156 (9.5 to go); FINAL GOAL: 139?? (26.5 to go)

Nmmsg
on 5/9/15 1:45 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I am never any good with quick responses.  I have evened out at a size 10-12 petite.  I see people here at size 4-6 and think, "should that be me?"  Be so proud of your 10. No one knows how hard it was to get there. I think that people who put other people down are really feeling inferior to others.  I liked the" Bless your heart" response.  Also, who actually knows what size anyone is?  Find a kick ass dress and rock your size 10!

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/15 2:17 pm

You look great! Don't let that old battleaxe get to you!

As for size, who cares as long as it fits and you rock it!

hollykim
on 5/9/15 2:33 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 9, 2015 at 8:11 AM Pacific Time, MAchick wrote:

Yesterday at work I was asking a work friend about a dress for a wedding. I showed her a picture, and we were talking about my weight loss and current size of 10. Another woman asked to see the picture, then started eyeing me up and down and said something about she can't believe I'm a size 10. She said I looked bigger than her, and she's a size 14/16...

What the hell is wrong with people? Do they have no filters?? I smiled sweetly, laughed it off, and mumbled something about "If you don't have anything nice to say...".

I'm a lot more confident now, but it really hit me in the self conscious gut. I had a rough week in terms of feeling bloated and trying to find this dress, so it REALLY got under my skin. I REALLY wish I hadn't let it though!

can you say jealous? Can you also look at her and know you are really smaller than her ? If so,throw it out like you would trash.

Most Active
Recent Topics