Is broccoli and cheese soup from Panera Bread allowed on liquid diet

Chilipepper
on 5/8/15 3:57 pm

https://www.panerabread.com/content/dam/panerabread/document s/nutrition/Panera-Nutrition.pdf

I used the stats without the bread bowl. And I am sure the cheese upped the calorie content. The cheese isn't the problem. It's the onions. That's just my opinion. You take what you want from it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Sarah M.
on 5/8/15 4:05 pm - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

I got so sick of it that first month, I'll probably never eat it again...  

It's irritating because it's not always possible for me to make/bring all my food.  My life just isn't like that.  So, I try to modify things from the menu to cut carbs or up protein, but getting reliable info on nutritional info when you ask to "hold the croutons" or "no rice/noodles" is almost impossible.  I do the best I can (like e-mailing the company for the revised nutritional info), but I'm sure I'm undercounting SOMETHING every time I do this.  I appreciate the guidance of someone who's been on this journey longer!

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

Chilipepper
on 5/8/15 4:22 pm

The old common rule was shoot for anything that flys in the sky, walks on the earth or swims in the ocean or anything that is produced by them. Eggs, cheese...  Beans have protein but they have a lot of carbs but it is still an option in a pinch. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

philly2dc
on 5/8/15 4:20 pm

It worked for me, I strained it and it was the best.

Beverly H.
on 5/8/15 6:16 pm
VSG on 05/20/15

Your responses are exactly why I love this forum. I look forward to when I learn enough to help others. Bless to you all.  Beverly

poplargreys
on 5/8/15 6:29 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

It would not have been allowed on my plan. I could have strained or pureed soups, but nothing with a cream or roux base. I had tomato bisque, chicken broth, miso soup broth, and pureed black bean soup during the full liquids phase of my diet.

Chilipepper
on 5/8/15 7:44 pm

She is preop.  She hasn't had surgery yet

poplargreys
on 5/8/15 8:48 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

Didn't catch that part. My preop instructions were fairly vague, I could technically have eaten whatever I wanted as long as it was protein-focused and I consumed less than 1000 calories a day. I chose to avoid liquid meals during that last week since I knew I'd be in for several weeks of nothing BUT liquids and mushies after surgery, instead I ate a lot of fruits and veggies since I knew I'd miss those post-op.

Most Active
Recent Topics