Infertility

Meghan704
on 5/1/15 11:58 am
VSG on 06/16/15

ladies- did any of you suffer from infertility before surgery? Did surgery resolve it or was additional treatment needed? All info would be appreciated. 

MAchick
on 5/1/15 12:41 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I think it probably depends on the reason behind the fertility. For example, PCOS is one of the top causes of infertility among women. Many women that have PCOS and trouble conceiving have found that they are finally able to get pregnant when they lose a good deal of weight.

I have PCOS but am unsure of my fertility. I do know there is a good chance I'd have a lot of trouble conceiving. I am recently married, and would really like to try for a family within the next year! I am *hoping* that with my weight loss, it won't be as much of a struggle as I envision.

Sorry, this doesn't answer your original question, but wanted to weigh in nonetheless!

mickeymantle
on 5/2/15 1:48 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

many women that could never get pregnant don't use birth-control and get pregnant right after surgery , quick weight loss plays  havic with your hormone , releasing hormones stored in your fat 

best to talk with your ob gym and your surgeon

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Meghan704
on 5/2/15 2:43 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Thanks for the info! Do you know how long you are supposed to wait after surgery? My surgeon said minimum one year but I have seen a ton of posts where women were told 2 years. 

BabyBlues79
on 5/2/15 5:03 am
VSG on 05/07/15

The reason I'm having WLS is for IVF. Not exactly an answer to your question but I am able to get pregnant but just havent. Not sure why. Decided that I would try to become my healthiest self before going through more invasive fertility treatments. It just makes no sense to have IVF and have my weight be a factor you know?

Sandra F.
on 5/3/15 11:20 pm

I have PCOS and have been trying for 17 years or so to have a baby.  I am down 79 lbs and still have not been able to conceive yet but I am only 7 months post-op and I was told to wait at least 6 months after surgery to try.  Good luck to you!

Meghan704
on 5/4/15 12:51 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Thanks and to you too!!

Most Active
Recent Topics