chocolate pie

Gwen M.
on 5/1/15 3:34 am, edited 5/1/15 3:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is one of my promises I made to myself pre-WLS

4. If I fail, and I will fail, I will forgive myself and return immediately to plan. It’s okay to screw up, it’s not okay to beat myself up for it or let it become the start of a downward spiral.  (I'm not good at not beating myself up, but I try!)

Don't beat yourself up - acknowledge that you screwed up, try to figure out why so you don't do it again, and get on with your life :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/1/15 5:30 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Forgive yourself, learn & move on.

Just the other day I was in the store to buy some dishwasher soap, it was my only reason for being in the store. Then I passed the aisle that had cookies & saw some mini nutter butters. I figured I haven't had nutter butters in the longest time, picked up the bag & was walking around with this bag, then passed the aisle with candy, ooh real candy!, not the fake stuff I had at home, started to pick up the bag & saw hey 1 mini is 40 calories, I'll just have 1, then I realized what I was doing. I knew I wasn't gonna stop at 1, & I knew those nutter butters would be gone in a day. I put everything back & just bought the soap.

I guess what I'm getting at is try to recognize what you're doing & come up with different ways to deal with it. Stress never really goes away, especially if it comes from your kids! LOL

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Beth Of Fletchair
on 5/2/15 2:36 am

Do you know that coco powder contains protein?  I'm sure that the chocolate pie that you ate is a nono but...I make chocolate mousse and cookies with Penzy's Coco Powder, Stevia, eggs, Almond meal and low fat cream cheese.

You can make terrific Chocolate Macaroons with unsweetened coconut, almond meal, coco powder, eggwhites and vanilla. They freeze fantastically!

Look on line and figure out some high protein and low car desserts,  tweak them until you find some that satisfy your sweet tooth and bake them up and freeze them!  Then, when you feel the urge, reach for a good alternative.

Most Active
Recent Topics