X post - When is what you're doing good enough? (super long)

grayC
on 5/6/15 6:54 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Devon...

as always you have hit the nail on the head for me..

stress eating has sent me into an out of control spiral November and December.

then of course the holidays..

bordom is also a HUGE problem for me,I try hard to stay out and occupied..

I have been mindful eating, at a higher calorie count most days 

just because what I have done in the past is restrict to 400-500 calories for days on end 

and then spiral out of control again b/c the lbs didn't come off quick enough..

ive increased to 800-900 calories..and it comes off just like it did at 400-500

and I'm TRYING not to obsess..so hard!!

Ive been having body image issues and again trying to stay positive (as I know it's all in my head)

all we can do is our best and forgive ourselves when we stumble,

like we would forgive anyone else in our lives who have wronged us..

why are we so hard on ourselves seeking perfection,

when humanity is imperfect??

cece58
on 5/6/15 10:35 pm - CA

Miss you and love you, Devon. Great post.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Nmmsg
on 5/7/15 4:11 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Devon-

Your post speaks volumes to me.  I am almost 2 years out.  5 lbs more than my goal and holding .  I cannot seem to get those lbs off again.  For that, I know it is my head , not my sleeve.  At 65 , I have become more critical of myself and appearance.  Why?  My dermatologist did not recognize me the other day because of the change in my appearance.  That compliment made me happy for a nanosecond.  Like anyone else here my life is complicated and very busy.  

One more time with feeling, I will work on self acceptance,  Most days my eating pattern is healthy.  I was lucky to be in really excellent health.  I don't have any aches and pains anymore.   When I told that to my PCP she said that is all related to the weight loss. So, I will take the good and move forward.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

PaulaToronto
on 5/8/15 4:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for the open and honest post Devon.  You don't know what you don't know and when you do know, you do better. I had tons of therapy and knowledge about disordered eating before surgery and still I went down that road again two years out.  You've heard the story about the hole and falling into it again and again?  Well, the work you are doing will take you to another street so you don't have to see that hole again. You can do it and so can I.

Paula

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics