am new to this.. newbie with million questions

Vals_journey
on 4/19/15 7:03 am

Well good afternoon.. I registered yesterday I was browsing threw and reading tons of stuff I have million questions. Well first off my 27 years old I've seen am like the youngest person around here lol I am going to be getting the sleeve done in August.. I would like to know ur feed back on how u changed your diets, before getting the surgery done and did you watch videos on the surgery lol I can't stop watching them lol well thank u and I hope to talk to you soon..

sds0029
on 4/19/15 11:44 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

This forum is great. So stay checked on.  My surgeon provided my preop diet which was all protein liquid with one light lean meal.  After surgery (and I am blessedly) just followed routine as prescribed by doctor.  

The decision for vsg is the best. Today is my 3 month surgery anniversary and down 62.2.  

You can do it 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/19/15 10:37 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Just a tip for you. If you look at the top right you will see an hourglass next to MY OH. This is the search feature. You can search for most of what you may be wondering and I bet there is a good chance it has been asked and answered. Good luck.

Jiliana2
on 4/19/15 10:44 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

You may feel like you are one of the younger ones on this forum, but I can tell you that when I was sleeved in February 2014, one of the other girls who was done the same day was 20 years old. Honestly, I wish I could have had my surgery at 27 instead of 43. It would have made a lot of difference for me, for sure!

I personally didn'****ch too many videos. I knew the procedure but I wanted to read about personal experiences. So I came here and read EVERYTHING. I don't think there was a thread that I didn't touch at some point.

Before surgery, some people are asked to show that they have the willpower and motivation to change their current diets. For example, if you are a smoker, you will be told that you have to quit. If you drink any sort of pop, you will be asked to give that up. I worked on not drinking before and after meals and on increasing my water/fluid intake. I made sure I kept up my gym routine (which I had established years ago without a single pound of weight loss). I did research about vitamins post-op and where to get them (I'm in Canada so availability is different here).

Good luck on your journey. And welcome to the boards!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Kathy S.
on 4/20/15 4:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  We are glad that you have joined our OH community.  

As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.  OH is a great place for support, research and tools to assist you with your journey.  Here are a few suggestions:

About Obesity
About Weight Loss Surgery
Medical Necessity
Post-op Planner
BMI Calculator
Health Tracker

We also have a great HELP SECTION with tutorials to assist you with navigating our site. If you need our assistance, you can reach us at [email protected]

We look forward to your updates

Regards,

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics