Having a hard time

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/15 11:18 pm

Hi everyone hope all is well. Haven't posted for a while. Taking care of my husband has been really full time/emotionally and physically draining job. Having a hard time getting protein in. So wish I could tolerate the protein shakes but I'm allergic to dairy, soy. Most of the menus use a lot of dairy. I'm finding that some days all I have eaten is 2 slices of roast beef for brkfst, 1 1/2 scrambled egg for lunch, dinner 2 slice of roast beef, turkey breast, few nuts in evening, about 48 oz water. I've got to do better starting today. Back to tracking and journaling

paragondream
on 4/14/15 11:39 pm

HUGS!

~Paragondream

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/15 11:45 pm

thank you. Can you share with me what you eat in a  typical  day?

Gwen M.
on 4/15/15 12:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I believe Jay Robb has a shake with egg protein and there are also vegan shakes made with proteins like hemp and pea.  Vega is the company that makes the shakes my vegan bff prefers.  Those might be worth looking into.  

Definitely get back to tracking.  Set an alarm for every 15 minutes to remind yourself to drink - you should be getting at least 64 ounces of liquids in every day.  You can do this.  

I've also been in caregiver mode the last many many weeks and I tell myself many times a day, "I can't take care of anyone else if I don't take care of myself first."  Or some variation on that theme.  And it's true.  I have infinitely more patience and energy to help my parents if I'm helping myself first.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/15 12:15 am

Thank you so much for all your help. And I agree, I can't take care of any1 else, including the farm I'm in charge of for the next wk if I'm weak and unhealthy and that's exactly how I'm feeling. I did drink 1 gallon of water both thurs and fri  while doing chores and taking care of the horses and farm. Lesson learned, will not be doing this again. I made a commitment (sp) for 4/20 - 4/25  7:45 - 8 pm and after pushing those heavy wheel barrels my stomach is sore and painful. Never again, Be well

Luvmygs
on 4/15/15 12:30 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I'm allergic to soy and can only have Egg White protein. Check out Jay-Robb Egg White protein on amazon! Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/15 12:11 am

Thank you so much. Is it frothy. I have found that things with a lot of froth make me sick in the stomach. Have a good weekend

Luvmygs
on 4/19/15 1:54 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I use a bullet and it comes out ok, not too frothy. I use vanilla flavored egg white protein with 1 tbl spoon of cocoa and 4 thin slices of banana. Very tasty! I also like it with fresh strawberries or raspberries. I was VERY sensitive to frothy shakes in the beginning, but now that I'm 4 months out it doesn't seem to bother me any more. But I do have to change the flavor every once in awhile or I get tired of the same one over and over. Shelly on Eggface has tons of recipes that are delicious too! Thank you, I hope you had a good weekend!

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/15 2:28 am

thank you so much for the info. I will get the egg protein I can't keep going skipping meals. Enjoy your weekend. and my, you ae doing wonderfully well with your wl. Isn't that a great feeling :0)

Luvmygs
on 4/19/15 3:44 am
VSG on 12/04/14

It feels FANTASTIC!!! I love my new stomach. I've been in a stall for almost 28 days now, but I'm still losing inches. I'm ok with that. Since surgery, I've not been in any hurry to lose fast. Take care. Christine

Most Active
Recent Topics