Anyone able to help?

astueckroth
on 4/18/15 3:39 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 06/27/14

Those numbers look consistent with what others are saying. Thank you very much. I'll add yours to my list of advice :)

Thank You.

Hislady
on 4/18/15 7:17 am - Vancouver, WA

If you are also looking at what kinds of foods to eat look back on the daily threads for "What are you eating today?" where people log what they are eating to give you ideas on what make good meals and snacks.

If you are eating that many calories I'm sure that is where your stall is coming from. I think most folks here keep calories under 800-900 during weight loss phase, your calorie count is more what people in the maintenance phase are eating.

You also might want to google low carb/high protein recipes for more food ideas. Remember you don't have to eat certain foods for certain meals, you can have a sausage pattie and egg for dinner as well as for breakfast and that is a great high protein dinner. Or have a shrimp salad for breakfast, there are no rules what you can eat and when!

Just keep those nasty carbs away and you will do great! Some of us are just more sensitive to them and really have to keep them to a strict limit.

lwj
on 4/19/15 12:16 am

Another Elizabethtown resident here!  I was wondering if you knew that you can click on the magnifying icon at the top to search for information. That helped me a lot. One thing I had heard was that you can go back to the procedures you used before your surgery, liquids only etc, to "reset" your sleeve.

White Dove
on 4/19/15 1:08 am - Warren, OH

If you are not losing weight then you are eating too many calories.

At 240 pounds you need about 2400 calories a day to maintain.  Cut out 500 a day to lose a pound a week.  Cut down to 1400 a day to lose two pounds a week.  Many of us use My Fitness Pal to track calories.  I also weigh every day to be sure I am staying on track.  A good source of figuring your macros is If It Fits Your Macros.  

If It Fits Your Macros

Unlike many tracking programs, iifym does work for people with weight loss surgery. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

astueckroth
on 4/19/15 2:05 pm - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 06/27/14

I'll check out the IIFYM and see what they say.

Thank You.

Most Active
Recent Topics