I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT......SURGERY ON MONDAY. I'M THE FIRST PATIENT!

ordersteps
on 4/18/15 4:05 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Ok, thank you Gwen.

psychoticparrot
on 4/18/15 8:40 am

To date, I've lost 46 pounds. My surgery date was Feb. 2. When you ask about whether it takes longer with band-to-sleeve revision, I don't know if you mean the length of time the surgery takes, or whether you lose weight more slowly with a revision rather than just the sleeve. 

If you mean the surgery itself, the revision takes about 1 hour longer than someone just getting the sleeve. If you're talking about rate of weight loss, I don't think there's a difference. All depends on how well you and the sleeve work together. I've found the sleeve to be a wonderful way to finally have control over my compulsive overeating. Support groups, Overeaters Anonymous, and this site are also important to give you support during the times when things are not going as well as you would like (and there will be moments like that).

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

ordersteps
on 4/18/15 3:23 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Thank you psychoticparrot, I have often heard that because of the swelling and removal of the band and any scar tissue....that the process causing a bit of a slow losing process. I have heard this from at least 3 people. BUT we know that everyone is different.   But can you share if the recovery is the same or more pain in healing????  Thank you so much

Phat_Gyrl
on 4/19/15 6:14 am

I'm pre-surgery, but a nurse nonetheless, be grateful you are first. The doctor will be nice and well rested for you. As the day progresses and after spending hours in the OR, I'm sure there is some amount of fatigue involved. Best wishes to you. Saying prayers. 

ordersteps
on 4/19/15 7:50 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Thank you so much.....Phat_Gyrl..... coming from your line of work that speaks LOUD. Everyone here has confirmed that very thing.  I am excited, in less than 24hrs, I will be your Sleeve sista!  LOL

Thank you for the prayers!!

Most Active
Recent Topics