Frustrated....Ready to get on the loser's bench

DeepDimples87
on 4/8/15 12:04 pm - Augusta, GA
VSG on 05/04/15

I am very frustrated!!! I completed all my tasks on 3/12 and pre auth was submitted to UHC. They denied it within 2 days stating that I did not enroll in their Bariatric Resource Services. I did, but the nurse that I was assigned to was playing a cat and mouse game and I never got to speak with her. After getting the denial, I was scheduled to speak with a Nurse on 3/20, we got everything taken care of and I was told that it would not be much longer for my auth to be processed. I have called them everyday since then and a week ago I was told that my issue was being escalated because they had the information that I enrolled, but I called today to be told that the auth is still PENDING!!!! I am beyond upset. I don't know what else to do. I just need some insight. I thought the 6 month diet plan that I had to do seemed long, but it seems like my authorization process is taking forever. 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/8/15 12:10 pm - MI

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're going thru! Hang in there & don't give up! Keep on them!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

BrookaTM
on 4/9/15 4:12 am

That sounds super frustrating!  I would keep calling daily and maybe ask to speak with a supervisor or something, inquire as to where in the process they are.  Good luck and I will send *Patience* vibes your way!!

HW 342, Consult weight 317, 308 current weight   

tink929
on 4/9/15 11:57 am

That sounds like my story. Try to see if you can get your surgeons office to call and expedite it.  I was stuck in pending nurse review for WEEKS! So frustrating!

Just today I Finally got my approval!!!! Surgery date May 7. I really thought I would never get here.  The surgeons office sent everything March 16th. It seems my paperwork was stuck in limbo at the insurance company. They changed my status to nurse review, but no one actually sent it to a nurse to review. My surgeons office finally had them expedite the review and I had an answer the next day! 

Getting ready to start my pre op liquid diet Apr 23. I really can't wait! So happy to ginally have approval and an actual date!

Good luck!

tink

DeepDimples87
on 4/19/15 11:35 am - Augusta, GA
VSG on 05/04/15

I know I'm really late, but thanks for your reply. I'm going to call my doctor's office tomorrow because when I call uhc, it's still "under review". This just makes me angry. 

Most Active
Recent Topics