Help! About to start pre-op liquid diet tomorrow. (16 days)

i8it77
on 4/11/15 12:28 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

Looking for any tips, suggestions, stories, ect... About how you got thru your pre-op phase. I am determined not to screw this up! any any help is greatly appreciated as I do not know anyone in my area who has gone thru the sleeve.

mickeymantle
on 4/11/15 4:01 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

try to relax the first day or so is the worst then it becomes easier , I had to do it  twice my surgery was postponed, a month at the last minute because I had a skin infection 

follow your surgeons and anaserists instructions  , if you have any problems call them and they mght be able to make changes , they added a 1/2 fruit to mine to raise my blood sugar because I was getting headaches \

drink lots of water and don't do any heavy exercising

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Michele H.
on 4/11/15 9:18 pm - NJ

Vitamon Water Zero helped me....the electrolytes and vitamins helped with the headaches and fatigue.  The first 3 days are torture but then it gets easier once your body is detoxed of the carbs.

Michele

ipray
on 4/11/15 11:28 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Just realize that you will not be on liquids forever and that a couple of weeks of inconvenience is worth it to undo the years of eating abuse that we submitted our poor bodies to.  You didn't come this far for failure.  Try to keep your mind off of food. Remove all tempting foods from the house. Ask those around you not to cook or eat in front of you, or you can leave the room when they do.  Change the channel or divert your attention when food commercials come on.  Try to think about how good you are going to feel, how healthy your are going to be and how good you are going to look.  Plan fun active things to do once the weight starts coming off.  Do anything to keep your mind away from food.  (And keep checking this site for inspiration.) Good luck to you!

i8it77
on 4/12/15 6:23 am
VSG on 04/21/15

I Pray too!!! God is NOT dead! I cannot remove temptation or food from the house because of my husband and child. Husband has already broken his promise to me multiple times to day to not eat or prep food in front of me. He says its not realistic and unavoidable on some scale I believe he is right I need to learn how to cope. I am glad you mention the undoing of years of poor eating. as well as your positive out look. I am hoping I will be able to refer back to what you have written (In the future) if I need the encouragement again. Thank you!

cspotrun
on 4/12/15 1:00 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Stay as busy as possible, and I agree with the previous poster that day 4 I felt so much better than the first 3 days.

Karen   

Gwen M.
on 4/12/15 3:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I kept as busy as possible which wasn't hard to do!  I also researched and worked on getting all of my ducks lined up in rows.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

elliebean78
on 4/12/15 3:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 02/19/15

I'll be honest. The first few days were TERRIBLE. Mostly from the lack of caffeine. But I tried to fill up as much as possible with water, tons of broths, jello, and I ate popsicles like they were going out of style. lol. Just knowing that this was a temporary means, and a way to shrink my liver down so that my surgery could be done safely, was super motivating. I didn't want to be the one to screw everything up so that surgery had complications. Maybe that will help a little if you think of it that way. Good luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics