Finally under 400

jejames2005
on 4/7/15 2:40 am - Phoenix, AZ

Yes that was the diet and the greek yogurt is only 170 calories

mickeymantle
on 4/7/15 4:07 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

170 for the yogurt and about 140 -160 for the shake thats about 320 cal I do 800 for the whole day with 80 grams of protien

If you ate more solid foods , cheese , jerky , ham , you would stay full longer and graze less

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

jejames2005
on 4/7/15 5:39 am - Phoenix, AZ

Ok thanks for the advice

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/7/15 5:32 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

That's a lot of calories for Greek yogurt.  

I eat Dannon Fit & Light and it's 80 calories.  I eat it as my afternoon snack.  What type of protein shake are you drinking in the morning?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

jejames2005
on 4/7/15 5:44 am - Phoenix, AZ

Optimum nutrition 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/7/15 3:34 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Congrats, you're doing an amazing job! Definitely get in the habit of tracking your food. Grazing is my downfall too, but tracking allows me to see what I need to work on.

Shakes are expensive & yogurt is not fulfilling so you might end up grazing more to feel satisfied.

I don't cook much either, so most of my food is pre cooked, I just heat it up in the oven.

I like to walk, I have this fitbit pedometer so I try to get in my 10 thousand steps most days, although when I tried upping my routine by incorporating more steps (subway steps), my body decided it had enough & my knees & ankle started acting up & I had to take a break from my routine altogether. So definitely start out slow, or exercise in the water or on an exercise bike. 

Keep up the good work!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Zee Starrlite
on 4/7/15 6:25 am, edited 4/7/15 6:26 am

Congrats on your 120lbs lost.  Why do you pay $4- each for protein shakes?  Lots of Bogo sales and coupons will do ya.  If you need ready to go shakes then you are paying for convenience.  So easy to have a shaker bottle and add powder water and Ice.

Are you going to complete the duodenal switch or are you done with just the sleeve?  If you want to lose at least 200lbs more, you will have to be excessively disciplined -  continue to track, stop grazing, refrain from carbs, and exercise forever.

All Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

jejames2005
on 4/7/15 6:29 am - Phoenix, AZ

I feel the switch is not needed as of now due to my progress also the recovery time is brutal so i plan to do it the old fashion way and get the pounds down. Also yes i do pay for convience since i am always at work lol

irishblue422
on 4/7/15 8:47 am - Tulsa

I know it is a little more work, but getting the unmixed shakes is much cheaper. It's just me at home so I don't cook much either.  But I know that I will do a shake in the morning.  So I have several blender bottles and I make a 16 oz shake in the morning and drink half. The other half I drink around 3:30. I mix it with milk. I have a12 oz shake with water around 9 am.the sshakes I get are Syntrax nectar,  the 2lb tubs are $31 on allstarhealth.com. have you tried turkey instead of the chicken? I get the roasted chickens from the store, pull the meat off and put it in a ziploc bag. I will use it to put with veggies for easy meals.  You could try to get turkey and bake or crock pot it once a week. Sometimes I have to get creative with things. I have the tuna in a packet at work I don't have anything else to eat.  They are 2.5oz (I think, it's close). 

Keep trying,  you're doing great! 

HW: 336, CW: 266                    VSG on 1/23/2015

GW: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics