Wasting Food

ipray
on 4/11/15 7:14 am
VSG on 11/06/14

It will get easier.  Your taste buds have changed and once you figure out exactly what you don't like anymore, you won't be buying and wasting as those foods.  You will learn as you go along.  I am 6-1/2 months out but I still cook too much for me and my husband, so I freeze what I like and throw out the rest. I know it is wasteful, but I am getting better about making smaller amounts and no longer cooking what I no longer like.  I eventually will have it figured out.  You will get it through trial and error.  Good luck to you!

elliebean78
on 4/11/15 12:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 02/19/15

Thank you so much! Right now, I'm still eating between 2-3 oz at a time, a couple of times a day.. I know I'll eventually go up to a cup per meal, but I dont quite know the timeline for that. I think once I'm able to eat a little more, I wont be as wasteful. How weird that our tastebuds change, right? 

ipray
on 4/11/15 11:08 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

It is weird.  My taste buds are finally starting to get back to normal.  This whole post sleeve thing is definately a learning experience, but gets easier every day.  Take care!

Jp2lose
on 4/13/15 5:58 am - Omaha, NE
My husband won't eat what I eat either. I have a shelf in the refrigerator and a shelf in the freezer for "my" food. When I make something for myself, I immediately freeze individual portions so I have lunches and dinners ready to go and I just rotate through what I have stockpiled. Makes things so much easier so I don't have to cook all the time and I don't get bored with my meals. Also makes it easy to pack my lunch in the mornings. I just grab something from the freezer and let it sit on my des****il it's thawed out, then move it to the refrigerator.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/13/15 7:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Editing and deleting makes it awfully hard for others to help.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics