Seconds thoughts & new full sense device

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/10/15 3:40 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yeah not sure from a phone either. Plus they are an idiot as I am now looking it over.

Meghan704
on 4/10/15 4:51 am
VSG on 06/16/15

LOL.. Yeah, I had more time this afternoon and read more of her posts. It's a complete joke. She is glorifying being morbidly obese and does nothing but slam surgeries. I'm embarrassed to have posted it now. 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/10/15 4:54 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Hey we are all in a weird place right before we have surgery. I had something that really set me off and got me so scared. I don't want to share as I know you are already nervous enough. The fact is this surgery is less risky then gall bladder surgery and other routine surgeries according to studies.

jenorama
on 4/10/15 3:35 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Pay no attention to that person. She is a wackadoo and everything she puts out is complete trash.  You know what you need to do to be a healthier person.  I'm sure your friend is afraid for you, but don't let external factors keep you from your goal.  Come to us for real talk.  :D

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/15 7:00 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I think it's important to remember that bloggers are just people with (often uninformed) opinions and a platform, not purveyors of medical advice. I'm all for loving yourself at every size, but working in the healthcare field, I see the devastation of the complications of obesity daily. There's a reason you don't see many people 60+ years old who weigh over 400 lbs. And I'm sorry, but regardless of how much I love myself, I was not healthy as a 20-something with DMII, hypertension, sleep apnea, fatty liver disease, joint pain, and the inability to walk my dog without plantar fasciitis bringing me to tears.

Crap like this is why I stopped visiting Jezebel.

MegZorar
on 4/10/15 10:46 am

*Snicker* Is it wrong that I signed up for her blog/newsletter? I'm fat; I like to dance. *Slinks back into the darkness*

Meghan704
on 4/10/15 11:23 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Lol.. That really made me laugh! So what do you now think of her blogs? 

MegZorar
on 4/10/15 11:40 am

I don't mind them. Glad she's so confident and sure of herself. I was never one of those people who liked my fat body. I could learn a thing or two from her. She could learn a thing or two about WLS from everyone here.

Most Active
Recent Topics