Seconds thoughts & new full sense device

Meghan704
on 4/10/15 12:55 am
VSG on 06/16/15

So this morning I awoke to a long time friend (who is thin by the way and obviously totally against my decision to go thru with VSG) texting me this blog article about the new sense device. I read it and was horrified at what the author had to say. I will attach it for those of you who are interested can read it. The author talks about the new sense device (which isn't the point of this post) and heavily criticizes WLS. Up until now I was so excited about getting the VSG. Not second guessing anything and feeling nothing but gratitude for being presented this gift of WLS and being approved for it. After reading this for the very first time ever I couldn't help but think, "could this person be right?" "Am I possibly going to have horrible complications?" I would LOVE for everyone to read this and weigh in. I hate having subjected myself to reading this piece of trash and now having second guessed my decision in the back of my head. I don't know where this girl got her information from but could this be accurate?

https://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/new-horrifying-medical-device-for-weight-loss-the-full-sense-device/

mickeymantle
on 4/10/15 1:01 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

there have been many medical devises like this , in Europe they put a balloon in your stomach to keep you  full , it only works for a short time , some surgeons use it to help super heavy weights lose weight pre surgery to make the surgery safer

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Bufflehead
on 4/10/15 1:14 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

This is a blogger who wants everyone to be obese and proud ranting into cyberspace. Is that really who you want to base your medical decisions on? She's saying stuff like you are going to end up starving and malnourished for the rest of your life -- check out the posts here. You see people well past their operations going on endurance bike rides, running 10K's, dancing, traveling, falling in love . . . does it sound like we are all sitting around crying because we are starving and malnourished?

I feel sorry for that woman because she is delusional IMO. She'll probably have a very shortened life due to her unwillingness to address her health issues.

Gwen M.
on 4/10/15 1:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Seriously - it's always important to examine the bias of the source.  And this source seems extremely biased!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 4/10/15 1:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I think it's normal to second guess yourself.  Remember why you're doing this, think back to why you made the choice in the first place, and have faith in yourself for making the right decision.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/15 1:29 am
VSG on 12/16/14

You don't want a foreign object in you! Look at all the lap band incidents and now most lap band patients are revising to the sleeve. 

GooseGirl
on 4/10/15 1:32 am, edited 4/10/15 1:32 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Everyone seems to have an opinion about lots of things in our lives. It isn't just limited to surgery. People seem to want to offer opinions on your health, how you raise your kids, what car to buy etc. When someone is being adamant that their opinion is the right one I frequently tell them that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I am equally entitled to ignore it :)

I think that sentiment holds true for random blog posts as well as friends and family members. You are doing what you believe is the best thing for you. If you have educated yourself on this and made a well thought decision then have faith in yourself. 

Meghan704
on 4/10/15 1:53 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Thanks everyone! I KNOW I'm making the right choice. This isn't the first article or blog I've read like this but I have no idea why this one rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe because this is the first time a friend has gone out of her way to point one out so negative instead of me finding it, who knows. I feel so much better now that people have given their insight. As always, thank you guys!!! Sometimes I don't know what I would do without this site. 

Meghan704
on 4/10/15 3:37 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Thanks! I def had no clue how to link it from my phone. 

Most Active
Recent Topics