General Update, Plastic Surgery Progress Pics (6 Months PO), Round 2?

Nikke2003
on 4/8/15 12:34 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It’s been awhile sine I have updated…. mostly because there hasn’t been much to share in my journey to be a healthier and happier version of me! March was also the busiest month I think I have ever had in my entire life. I’ve put in a lot of hours at my full-time job, completed a tremendous amount of freelance work, and finally finished the graduate class I got an extension on in the Fall (fell behind because of plastic surgery as well as gallbladder removal in December!). In addition to all of this, I’ve been traveling like crazy for both personal and work-related reasons.

I think things are finally calming down now. I thought I would write a short update and post new pictures to show the progress of my plastic surgery scars. I’m really happy with how they are looking, although I will admit to not liking the scar above my ass crack from the opening I had after surgery. No big deal, really, but bothers me a little bit! I have created a password protected post to show the progress on my plastic surgery scars. The password is capella2014.

Just a couple of noteworthy things! First, I’ll be visiting Dr. Capella again on Friday for a follow-up appointment (I can’t believe it has been OVER six months since plastic surgery – where did the time go!?) During this appointment, Dr. Capella is going to talk to me about an inner thigh lift, something I have decided I want to do. I’m a little undecided about implants, but it’s something I’ll talk with him about. I won’t lie… there are certain times of the month (I’m guessing for hormonal reasons) that my breasts look much fuller and nicer than they do, say… right now. It’s moments like right now that I think, “Hmm… I wouldn’t mind some new ta-tas!” lol I don’t necessarily mind the SIZE of my breasts as much as the shape and fullness of them.

I have an idea of how much the thigh lift costs, which is why I have been doing so much freelance work. I was able to save half of the almost $20,000 cost for the first round of plastic surgery by saving, saving, saving! I financed the other half and at the time, my husband and I made a “deal” that together we would pay the cost of the financed portion of the first round of surgery and if I wanted anything else, that I would use my own freelance money for it ****ep all of my freelance money for myself… muahahaha!) I don’t want to finance the second round and I’d like to pay in cash… so I guess it will just take a little time! I’ll have to write another update after Friday’s appointment to let those who are interested know how it goes!

Also, I have less than 3 months before turning 30!!! Crazy! Obviously, when I started this blog I had a lot of goals for things I wanted to accomplish by 30. At the time, turning 30 seemed so far away and the list of things I wanted to do, see, and accomplish seemed impossible. It’s amazing how much your life can change in a few short years – for the better! Every time I go to my local support group, I tell pre-op patients that I would have this surgery over and over again…. even annually, like renewing a lease, if I had to because the experience has certainly been worth it! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

cspotrun
on 4/8/15 1:21 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

You look fantastic!

I live in NJ so if I were to ever have plastics, I would go to Dr. Capella.  But I'm not sure I will. If I were to do anything it would be the inner thigh lift, so I'm interested to hear how your visit goes.  i think I read that the thigh lift is one of the hardest to get good results from?  Or has the most complications or something.  What have you heard?  Thanks for sharing!

Karen   

Nikke2003
on 4/8/15 1:26 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thanks so much!

It does seem, from what I have read, that the inner thigh lift is the most painful to recover from - takes a bit longer and there is more possibility for complications or bad scarring. I think it's the surgery people feel they get the least return on investment on... I don't know. I am interested to hear more about what Dr. Capella has to say on Friday as well. I'll be sure to write an update! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

cspotrun
on 4/8/15 1:32 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

cool thanks!  I'd like to be a little more confident in shorts....

Karen   

Nmmsg
on 4/8/15 9:36 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Nikke-

So glad you are doing so well.  Everything looks great!  Like you, I would do this surgery again and again- the change in my life has been remarkable.  

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

cappy11448
on 4/8/15 10:53 pm

I am so happy for you Nikke. You look fabulous!  You've done a great job and deserve all the happiness life has in store for you.

blessings,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Bufflehead
on 4/9/15 12:14 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

You look fantastic! And I would guess that scar on your rear end is more noticeable to you than it is to anyone else.

And by the way, not that (1) you asked (2) my opinion matters in the slightest but -- I think your breasts look great! I don't think mine have ever looked as good at any time in my life and I admit to being terribly jealous of yours! Good luck in your decision.

Tracy D.
on 4/9/15 12:14 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are a rock star, Nikke, and the poster child for what a successful VSG looks like post-op (and post plastics!).  

You look fantastic but I understand why you might not feel "finished" unless you get the thigh lift.  My therapist said it perfectly the other day: "Getting rid of the extra skin is part of ridding yourself of the old baggage from the past - literally!".  

I'll be interested to see what his price quote is and all the other details after Friday's appointment! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Dcgirl
on 4/9/15 12:33 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Nikke, you look BEYOND amazing, and your scars are fantastic.  Your body looks incredible.  I am envious of your breasts!  My lift is good but mine are smaller than yours.  I have debated implants but they need replacing and i am not sure I am willing to commit to that.  All I have left is my arms - I am willing to deal with the saggy thighs...and for what it's worth, I think your thighs look good too! 

Your plastics journey was my inspiration (I am only three weeks post - op and just actually put pics and an update on the RNY board earlier today) and I am so glad I could follow your process and recovery which made me much less terrified to go through it myself.  Like you, I would do it twice today and twice tomorrow!

So glad you are healing well, busy, happy, and GORGEOUS.  

Gwen M.
on 4/9/15 1:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Super fantastic.  You're amazing.  Your body looks phenomenal.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics