Weight loss slowing

califsleevin
on 4/2/15 2:35 pm - CA

Overall, your numbers are very similar to mine (monthly losses at 32, 15, 15, 10, 10, 10 on about 1100 cal/per day) so it seems that you still have a decent caloric deficit and you should still reach goal within another 2-3 months. As noted, our loss is expected to slow over time simply because we burn fewer calories moving 200 lb around than 300 lb, though our resting metabolism shouldn't change much assuming that we don't lose too much lean body mass, and our initial 2-3 weeks of loss is mostly quick burning glycogen before get into the slower burning fat.

As Kairk suggested, look into reallocating your existing calories before increasing them - when I started running into some workout endurance issues around month four, I did a reshuffle of my non-protein calories, boosting the complex carbs ahead of some workouts without breaking the caloric budget.

There seems to be no end to things that can cause some water retention creating short term stalls - most particularly changes in our exercise patterns; if your hydration isn't keeping up with your increased demand from running, your body can go into a hoarding mode until things catch up (try weighing yourself naked before and after your runs or workouts to see if your drinking is keeping up with your sweat loss.)

Keep up the good work - you'll get there!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics