UPDATE!!! TIPS/ADVICE FROM A 7 YEAR SLEEVE VETERAN!!

PSwoman13
on 4/5/15 6:20 am
On April 2, 2015 at 11:27 AM Pacific Time, LngRedRose wrote:

PSwoman,  YES!  It is a life long committment.  What helped you most in getting you back on track to losing???

You know I started going to a weight loss support group. I am one who needs the accountability. I also know that I can not eat carbs on a daily basis; I can not eat regular foods i.e. I found a pasta made from soy which is fantastic, this is the only sort of carb food that I eat besides veggies. Sugar also is a big NO!! I am unique amongst my peers and will always be so; except here, we are all the same and understand what it takes!!

FarmGirl71
on 4/2/15 2:58 am - Maben, MS
VSG on 05/05/15

Thanks so much for the update. I should be having my surgery on May 5th. It is good to know if I work my tool... it will keep working for me. It's sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up! 

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:28 am

Thanks!  I am not saying you can never treat yourself to something that is not good for you... I am saying it should be few and far between!  :)

Tracy D.
on 4/2/15 4:41 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Really glad to hear that you're willing to work that sleeve and give it your all    You're making all the right moves - good job!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:54 am

Thanks Tracy!  I appreciate that.  It is hard work... truly but I need to do this to be healthy!  I don't want to have had my stomach half removed and not benefit from it.

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

novascotiadawn
on 4/5/15 7:35 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Happy to have checked in and saw this post!!! If anyone can do it you can!!! I'm cutting out crap/carbs too! I'm looking into getting a cortisone shot in my shoulder, it's been killing me! And I want to exercise! I'll be with you on this journey as always! 

Hugs and Loves

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

LngRedRose
on 4/6/15 2:29 am

Thanks Dawn! :)  It has definitely (and will always be) a journey! :) :)

Louisiana 

maryposa
on 4/5/15 8:38 am - Orange County, CA

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I'm 5 years or and can totally relate! 

Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

LngRedRose
on 4/6/15 2:28 am

Absolutely! :)

Louisiana 

Most Active
Recent Topics