Lap band to sleeve

palang
on 3/25/15 12:31 pm - IL

Hello all! Long time member here Lap band in 2007 . Same story as you have probely heard. Finally got courage to go to Dr for sleeve. Band failed me not me failing the band.can you share your first few month expiernce with diet, energy and pain. I currently have major back pain due to herniations and large chest. Want to have an idea of lifestyle change. Then the social piece(with the band I have to worry about getting stuck and embarrassing get togethers. TIA

Tricia  280/189/150  3.75cc in my 4cc band  band to sleeve TBD..

mickeymantle
on 3/26/15 2:06 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the sleeve does what the crap band was sapose to do

life style is normal , you eat 3 small meals a day ans 2 snacks   80 gm protien around 30 gm carbs

you can eat anything , nothing has made me sick in 1 1/2 years , but you need to make smart choices , you want to eat your protien first then your veggies

the amount of water you need to drink is the same as a person without wls   8 cups

you will probably  have little or no true  hunger  , I get it once in a while at meal time and a few bites ends that

I eat 4 oz protoin a meal push around 4 oz veggies

there is normally very little pain with this surgery ,energy is low for about a month like any major surgery

I am much more active since having my surgery and wish I did it 10, years ago

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

palang
on 3/26/15 4:51 am - IL

Thanks appreciate the feedback

Tricia  280/189/150  3.75cc in my 4cc band  band to sleeve TBD..

Most Active
Recent Topics