water/protein

Thundergrrrl
on 3/24/15 9:00 am

I am only a few days ahead of you and I found the first days to be extremely tough to get in enough fluids. I said screw the protein, I wasn't getting in even 40g per day (maybe 20) but I made sure I was hydrated. Sipped on broth, popsicles, fudgesicles, jello, apple juice mixed 50/50 with water, powerade (my surgeon encourages full sugar products during the first week). 

If you are peeing constantly and your pee is light/clear, then you're winning :) For me, at about 6 days, I felt a huge difference in the swelling and was able to start drinking things at a more normal rate instead of feeling stuffed from a small sip.

And acid blockers are really important! I was sent home with a supply of generic Zantac 150mg to take twice daily. These have been a life saver. I can tell when it's starting to be time for another one. If you don't have any already, I definitely recommend them and they can be bought very cheap from Walmart, Sam's etc. The generic name is Ranitidine. 

Good luck! 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Jamie86
on 3/24/15 8:43 pm - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

Thanks soo much everyone! Thanks for all the tips... No one had told me the breathing out technique and it seems to be helping a lot! 

The Dr did give me a prescription for an acid blocker but I didn't start it till Sunday so I'm sure that will take a few days really get going 😃 thanks again you guys are life savers! 

Surgery Date February 19th, 2015..... Cancelled due to the DECH in Fredericton not having any Beds :( 

Re-booked for March 19th, 2015

Goal #1 - Training for Mudd Sweat and Tears on August 15th, 2015 - all 10km's completed! 

Goal #2 - Achieving Goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics