Liquid vitamins

Kiwideb
on 3/23/15 12:14 am
VSG on 01/19/15

I never got a very good answer from mY NUT about why liquid vitamins appear to be a no no for WLS.

Can anyone elaborate?

Bufflehead
on 3/23/15 12:30 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Not sure, as they were approved for me, I took them for four weeks after surgery, and did great with them? My labs got taken at 4, 8, and 12 weeks after surgery and my vitamin and mineral levels were always great.

ipray
on 3/23/15 12:43 am
VSG on 11/06/14

My nut recommended NutraMetrix over most other vitamins.  It comes in a powder form that is added to water.  It is a citrus flavor and I use as part of my liquid intake for the day. (She also liked Bariatric Advantage, but it is not liquid or powder to liquid). Not sure what liquid vitamins you are refering to. Hopefully someone here can give you better info.

sTuRnAsCeYt
on 3/23/15 3:32 am

I just want to make comment here, so that it is understood that not all doctors provide an option for NutraMetrix, so the OP may not be able to find it in their area. I am a direct distributor for the line, but NutraMetrix is only in doctor's offices that have agreed to sell it. What is available to the masses though is Isotonix, which is the exact same product, available online, through a direct distributor. NutraMetrix is just a private lable offering through the doctors that sell it. Isotonix/NutraMetrix is a VERY complete vitamin source, but since they are not bariatric formulas, you have to take more than one serving/day. I take Isotonix Daily Essentials everyday, but mine consists of 1 serving of all 4 products of the daily essentials in the morning. 2 more servings of the Calcium (1 mid morning, 1 mid afternoon) and 1 more serving of all 4 products of the daily essentials again in the evening. This gets me to the daily recommendations for bariatric patients. If you look into something like this, just make sure that you realize that you will require more than one serving.

VSG on 11/12/2014 - - Age: 33   Height: 5'4"   HW: 246  SW: 232.2 

CW: 165.60: 9/25/2015

ipray
on 3/23/15 4:26 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Nutrametrix Isotonix can be purchased direct from their website at: www.nutrametrix.com  My nut (Nancy Lum RD, LDN) has me on a capful of Multivitamin with iron and 3 capfuls of Calcium Complete.  Good stuff!

sTuRnAsCeYt
on 3/23/15 4:39 am

If you are having good labs with that, hat's fantastic! I will say I am a little surprised that your nut doesn't have you taking a Vitamin B supplement. I did a lot of calculations before I started on Isotonix and to get all of the requirement that the ASMSB set for our supplements, what I indicated before is everything I have to take to meet those requirements. I have only had my 2 month labs done so far though, so I will be interested in seeing what my 6 month labs look like. At that point, I will know more as to if I need to adjust what I am taking or not. If I could take less and have my labs come out great, then I will be very happy. I know that Isotonix/NutraMetrix is one of the best nutraceutical lines out there and even though I get them at wholesale, they are still pretty pricey.

VSG on 11/12/2014 - - Age: 33   Height: 5'4"   HW: 246  SW: 232.2 

CW: 165.60: 9/25/2015

ipray
on 3/23/15 5:22 am
VSG on 11/06/14

My surgeon has me on Nasocbal B12 nasal spray. (My choice as I only have to do it once a week.) I am almost 6 months out and have had four labs so far. (I hate needles!) All levels have been excellent, except for my cholesterol, which was high before surgery and is higher now.  (They attribute the increase to my increased intake of animal protein and I am going to do a separate post soon to see if others have had the same problem with higher cholesterol.)  Good luck with your next lab and thanks for the additional information!  (I still would like to know what liquid vitamin kiwideb was refering to.  I heard that the patch vitamin system was a pretty good one as well.)      

Gwen M.
on 3/23/15 12:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Many are very incomplete. But if you can find a complete one I don't see why not?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics