Broke out into tears this morning (inspiration)

Ellie333
on 3/20/15 7:52 am - Canada

Your Grandfather can see you in your shorts and he will see you at every milestone in your life.  You will take him with you everywhere, never doubt that and congrats!

Thebiggestloser
on 3/20/15 11:43 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Such a great story!! 

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/20/15 1:26 pm

That warmed my heart.  Thank you for sharing.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Fleur
on 3/21/15 4:18 am - Eugene, OR
VSG on 03/10/15 with
On March 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM Pacific Time, SoFloBrandon wrote:

Rewind 2 years to my 18th birthday (I am 20 years old now), my grandfather gifted me this beautiful pair of Ralph Lauren shorts that I had wanted for quite some time. I was so excited... until I tried them on. I couldn't even get the zipper up to try and hide the button with a belt. At the time, my grandfather was battling lung cancer and unfortunately he passed 5 months after that birthday. I was devastated obviously but I knew it was coming... however, I felt awful every time I saw him and asked about the shorts, I had to lie to him and tell him that I wore them out with friends and what not because I didn't want to disappoint him. He never got to see me wear them. But, this morning, I couldn't find a pair of clean shorts (very lazy with laundry haha). As I dug through the drawers I found those shorts at the very bottom, still with the tags on them. I tried them on and they fit like a glove. I began to cry because I knew he finally got to see me wear my birthday gift. I just wish he could see how I look just a month out of my journey and how I'll look very soon. 

If there are any people reading this that are doubting surgery, please do yourself the favor. You'll experience energy and emotions you haven't felt in years once you fit into those clothes you've always wanted to wear or play soccer with your buddies again and not feel winded so quickly. Trust me when I say this has been the best experience of my life.

Love it! Congratulations!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics