going for post op today, he asked me back 4 weeks since my last visit

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/15 12:05 am, edited 3/18/15 12:12 am

today I see my dr. at 2:45 for post op. will be complete  with blood work up. I haven't been on the scale so we will see what today brings. Wish me luck. I don't see much difference in the mirror or clothes?  We'll see. have a great day everyone.

ipray
on 3/18/15 12:34 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Good luck at the appointment! Keep us updated on your outcome. The blood work is really important as it lets you know if your vitamins, protein, etc. is keeping your levels where they should be. And if not, adjustments can be made. You may not see a big scale difference yet (I hope you do!) but you should see improvements with each visit. Take care! 

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/15 2:56 am

thank you so much. I will post as soon as I get back home.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/15 3:08 am

thank you. I think I need to plan better. I want results, I want to feel better and be healthy. I'll do it. Monday I did a 10k, the exercise part is so much fun although I feel weak, I need to work on the food part better, I just either don't feel hungry or don't like the choices for pureed. Today I go on to soft foods, maybe I'll do better with that. Also my taste for things has changes and mayo, avocado, they go right thru me, I always feel like I need to be close to a bathroom. (sorry tmi). off I go. tty.

ipray
on 3/18/15 9:01 am
VSG on 11/06/14

It will get easier once you start eating normal foods.  At least you realize what you need to improve, which is a very, very good thing. For your water intake, several things helped me. I used a timer. You can use phone, oven or egg timer.  I got a cheap/small one from Amazon. (They even have one at Amazon that you can hang around your neck). I timed every 10-15 minutes to drink because I would forget. Then I used it to time 30 minutes before and after meals.  (I am 5 months out and don't use it as much, as you get into the habit of drinking). I also drink at room temperature instead of cold.  I drink V8 Diet Splash straight or you can dilute it with water. You may want to have a SF popsicle once or twice a day. I use a water bottle that is 20 oz.  I drink 20 oz 3 timeTake cs a day and add the extra 5 ozs before bed for 65 oz.  (I have breakfast, drink 20 oz, have lunch, drink 20 oz then have dinner, drink 25 oz.) Everything will get easier once you have your schedules under control and you eat normal foods again. Take care!   

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/15 9:48 am

thank you so much for the good advice I really appreciate it.

ABair
on 3/18/15 2:30 am
VSG on 01/14/15

You may not see it in the mirror.  At least I never do... I'm down 107 pounds and every once in a while I notice I'm thinner, but then it right back to me looking the same.  Just stick with doctors orders

Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/15 3:03 am

thank you Lisa, I know one area I need to improve drinking enough water and eating enough, for example yesterday I was at the horse farm all day.  I drank 16 0z water at 8:30 with my meds, 1/1 hr later drank muscle milk 100. By 11:00 was at the barn, looked at my watch it was 3:30, ran into tack room took my meds with 100 muscle milk, 15 min later drank 16oz water. get home it's 6:45pm eat 2 pureed meatballs with sauce and 2 ox mozerella. 40 minutes later had a 160z cup of hot tea. full as can be. 9:30 drank 1/2 bottle water with pm meds, 10:30 took my sleep meds with the rest of the bottle of water and knocked out. This is typically how my days go. I'm sure my dr will read me the riot act. I can do better and will. Thanks for your comment.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/15 9:37 am

Just got home from dr who thinks I', doing wonderfully well, really? I've lost 16 lbs total since surgery. Not happy and see what I mean, I just got home from the farm, haven't had dinner yet and only had 8 oz of water since 2:30. Clearly I need to do better, carry food with me, plan my meals, I want to be on the  losing side too. HELP. Gotta go eat now, feel faint. btw he said I am so solid but he wants be back in the gym 5 days a wk, plus riding 3 times a wk and I can now have regular food. Thank god for the  surgery, no more precancerous cells, but can a girl lose some wt with all that surgery and suffering I want results like Gwens. I have 54 more lbs to go. this is gonna be the longest weeks of my life. UGH

Most Active
Recent Topics