Help and Support

b4dawncindy
on 3/19/15 10:07 pm

Good Morning.  I haven't been on here for awhile - I'm almost 11 months post op.  I got ****y after losing 70 pounds and feeling great, went back to my old habits of eating whatever I wanted and lots of it.  Although I've "only" gained 15 pounds back, I'm depressed and scared.  My surgeon told me that my stomach cannot stretch back out very much ever again so I shouldn't be afraid of that.  I know that empty calories can cause the weight gain.  Today is Day 1 (again) to try and get back on track. 

Is my surgeon correct that my stomach will not stretch very much after VSG?  Is he just trying to make me feel better?  I can eat all day long and never feel full anymore.  Please can my fellow VSGers give me some tips, help, guidelines again to get me back on track, share your similar experiences, etc.

I know that I need to get the support on here again (remote area where I live so no local support group), and I'm trying by getting my butt back on this site after months away.

Thanks for any suggestions, comments, guidelines you can offer to me.  Have a good weekend!

frisco
on 3/19/15 10:17 pm

How much white meat chicken can you eat ?

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

b4dawncindy
on 3/19/15 10:30 pm

Hi Frisco - I haven't measured but like a food junkie I just eat and eat and throw up at least a few times a week.  Insanity, I know.  I will begin measuring portions today.  Trying not to beat myself up here.

Valerie G.
on 3/20/15 12:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Yes, it can and will stretch from the original sleeve, but nowhere near the pre-op capacity.

Think of the natural stomach being the size of a football.

A new sleeve has the capacity of about an egg

A sleeve several years out has the capacity of a soda can

(still nothing close to a football)

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 3/20/15 4:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

So what does "back on track" look like for you?  If you want us to hold you accountable you have to give us details on what you're willing to do.  

1.  Are you tracking every mouthful of food? 

2.  How many grams of protein and carb will you be eating a day?  (No guessing, what is your plan!)   How man ounces of protein will you be eating at each meal? 

3.  How much water will you be drinking each day? 

4.  Will you be eating 3 meals/0 snacks or doing 3 meals and a snack?  

Let us know your plan of attack and then we can offer better guidance and comments to strengthen that plan.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics