Thirsty?

Smeeeeshers
on 3/16/15 7:31 am - Canada

I am 8 weeks out and I am noticing that I am SUPER thirsty every morning when I wake up. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with super dry mouth - its awful! I never had this before, and I am drinking all my water. Does this happen to anyone else??

momofz
on 3/16/15 8:34 am
VSG on 05/01/14

Happens to me all the time during the night, I always go to bed with 2 bottles of water, sometimes my mouth feels like I have a handful of cotton in my mouth.  I am 10 months out.

MAchick
on 3/16/15 9:07 am
VSG on 01/27/14

How much is all your water? Maybe you need to increase? When I only get around 60oz I feel really dry!  Also,  I've found that the earlier I start drinking in the day,  the more hydrated I feel. 

molfish62
on 3/16/15 10:15 am
VSG on 03/07/15

Yup; I'm thirsty a lot, have been since right after surgery! I always was thirsty often but this is a lot. I have been trying the last few nights to drink a glass of ice water (or a water "sno cone") before bed. Seems to help. 

Molly

VSG on 3/7/15. 

Add me on myfitnesspal: molfish6 

TeressaJ
on 3/16/15 11:23 am

I have experienced this since my surgery, almost 9 months ago, and still experience it occasionally, but only on days I don't drink enough. I felt I was drinking more than enough but turns out I wasn't. I have to drink between 70 and 80 oz to avoid this problem.

Tracy D.
on 3/17/15 1:06 am, edited 3/17/15 1:06 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Are there medications you take that could have dry-mouth as a side effect?  I do...but I don't notice dry mouth during the day because I routinely drink 100 oz. of water.  But boy do I notice it at night!  I keep water next to my bed and usually take a couple big swigs in the middle of the night.  

Here's a list of medications that are known to cause dry mouth.  http://wsdha.com/clientuploads/pdfs/Public%20Info/Seniors/Dr yMouthMedications.pdf

ETA: PPI meds are notorious for causing dry mouth by the way

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics