What Sleeve Size and Capacity Really Means

Don 1962
on 3/16/15 10:00 am

I concur with this two ladies ^^^^^^^^^ on Mr. Grimm's post.

Zee Starrlite
on 3/18/15 1:44 am

Denial because/and people no wanna do the work!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

ipray
on 3/16/15 9:52 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I totally AGREE with Frisco! (For my situation anyway.) I need to under eat my sleeves. I find myself wanting to add a little bit more here and a little bit more there and it is a very slippery slope. Thanks for the reminder Frisco, as I needed a wake up call before I got out of hand.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/16/15 11:23 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Nice post, just remember there is a thing called grazing!, you can under eat your sleeve all day, but if you keep eating all day, well you know, weight stalls, weight gain etc. There does seem there are a lot of vsg'rs looking to get their sleeve redone.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

cece58
on 3/16/15 1:10 pm - CA

I don't think it matters whether or not you have to weigh, measure and track everything you eat in order to maintain. I agree with what Frisco is saying. If you have a larger capacity sleeve you will most likely struggle more. I thought it would be easy maintaining after I had maintained my weight for the first two to two and a half years. After year 3 it got a lot harder and now I have to really be vigilant as to what I eat any how much. I have gained 7 pounds in 4.5 years and it is much harder to lose weight now than when I first was sleeved. I have a very small capacity sleeve but I can't depend on restriction to stay stable in my weight. I know my friends who have larger sleeves struggle much more than I do. This journey (at least for me) is never going to be over. If I want to maintain I need to be aware of what I eat and how much I eat every day.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Amber G.
on 3/16/15 3:30 pm
VSG on 04/02/14

Could not agree with you more Frisco! Capacity size absolutely would make a difference! 

Spencerella
on 3/16/15 3:46 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Highly restrictive surgery + following the basic rules + under eating your sleeve = SUCCESS

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Zee Starrlite
on 3/18/15 2:23 am

Thank you for this Frisco.  I am one with more capacity and well yup tis true and I am glad you are putting it out there.  So many say oh, I did so well the first 6mos to a year then I lost my motivation, my drive  . . . . um you didn't eat because you physically couldn't but as soon as you gained some capacity and could eat more and more you did.

Now I think my bigger sleeve is a blessing - no disillusionment ever.  The bottom line for everyone is "you've got to do the work - whatever it takes".  

All Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

diane S.
on 3/18/15 4:32 am

yep, frisco you are right. one of the secrets to long term weight loss is to learn to eat what is just enough and not until you are stuffed. we all did this when we were obese - ate until we couldn't eat any more and our capacities grew.  we gotta take care of our sleeves by not pushing them.  two way street.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics