Question on preop diet

Cheezczar
on 3/16/15 4:53 am
VSG on 03/26/15

I'm on the following diet prior to surgery, and I'm having problems sticking with it. 

diet

This is pretty restrictive , but it's not a liquid.

There is nothing of spices , vinegar , sauces , etc. I assume salt and vinegar are ok, since pickles are.

This is from 

TURNING POINT BARIATRICS in Topeka, KS under Dr Dunshee. 

Any suggestions? The nurse is out this week so I'm not sure who at the clinic can answer questions. 

Thanks,

Clint

Stacy_WLS
on 3/16/15 5:12 am

be glad you can chomp on broccoli.  Eat the real fruit it will fill you up more.  Drink lots of water.  Try to keep yourself busy.

Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/16/15 5:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Call the main number for the office, they can find someone to answer the question for you-- perhaps they'll leave a message for the doctor and have him/her call you back if the nurse isn't around.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/15 11:21 am

Wow, lucky! My preop diet is 4 shakes, 64 oz water or more, low sodium broth, jello and sugar free drinks, no meat tho but allowed green veggies.

Alit
on 3/16/15 11:29 pm
VSG on 03/27/15

My pre-op diet is close to this too.  I get a protein shake for breakfast and lunch and then 4 oz lean meat and a cup of veggies for dinner.  I woke up this morning with the WORST headache and am sitting at my desk struggling to stay awake!  This will all be worth it!  Just imagine four tiny incisions vs. a really big one or them scrapping the surgery all together.  Hang in there Clint!  We can do this!!!!

Ali

Most Active
Recent Topics