Zofran to the rescue!

psychoticparrot
on 3/11/15 7:05 am

Hi to everyone *****sponded with such great advice about my severe dehydration problem. I wrote an angry email to my surgeon and told him that if he would not prescribe an anti-nausea med, I would be forced to go through the Florida phone book for a doctor and hope that he or she would be more compassionate than my surgeon.

Talk about the squeaky wheel! Within the hour, the Zofran was sitting at a local CVS ready to be picked up. My husband is about to go out and get it for me. The surgeon cautioned that if it doesn't work, I will need an endoscopy to look for a stricture in the sleeve. But I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it. I've had few problems with food going down, although I've been eating miniscule amounts, so I'm confident the Zofran will do the trick.

Well, we'll see what happens now. This healing process is not fun, not fun at all.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

thallnc
on 3/11/15 9:08 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

So glad you got the prescription. Good luck and hope things turn around soon.

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

GooseGirl
on 3/11/15 11:04 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

That's great that you got the prescription. I hope that this helps you turn the corner. Keep us posted. 

civilmomma
on 3/11/15 11:39 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I hope it helps you.

FYI - Zofran can cause some serious constipation...like worse than taking actual immodium.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Tracy D.
on 3/11/15 11:59 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh, thank goodness!!  I'm so glad you advocated for yourself and got that damn doctor to get off his ass and send in a script.  Good for you!  

Sure hope this does the trick for you -- let us know! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics