OK sleevers, any mental anguish?

C J
on 3/14/15 6:11 am - , TN

Thanks for all of your responses!!! I feel so "welcome" on this board. I would go nuts if I thought the experience alwas like the band at all, and had no option for reversal. It sounds wonderfully different. I sank into a very dark place with my band. The surgeon *****moved it isn't a fan of the band at all. I'm right there with him. Constant pain....always unsure if taking a bite of food would go down successfully or come up. Living in a miserable state. 

Living > Existing

256/231/135

greensleeved
on 3/15/15 2:37 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

My experience at 8 months out has been nothing like your experience with the band. Nothing gets stuck. Nothing makes me sick.

Of course I mourn food and the addictive, unhealthy relationship I had with it. But enjoying a small amount of high quality protein makes me happier and more satisfied than a box of mac and cheese (most of the time). Therapy helps with the mental part. Highly recommed getting a professional to help you cope.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Most Active
Recent Topics