NY Surgeon Recommendations (Nassau County)

KewGirl
on 3/7/15 7:29 am, edited 3/7/15 9:48 am

Hello all,

I had done extensive research and thought I found my surgeon (love her), unfortunately I find the her staff impossible to deal with. I am half way through my 6 month monitored doctor visits & testing but have yet to speak with a person in the office - just leaving messages with no response. The person who is in charge of the "charts" and "surgery schedule" is never available. It seems ridiculous and I refuse to continue if treated this way and feeling overwhelmed. I'd like to switch surgeons before its too late in the process and need some input. Maybe I'm wrong and this is normal and they're just busy? Who's your surgeon Nassau County?

mickeymantle
on 3/7/15 3:21 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

maybe your better off going into the city If you have insurance that will cover it

bigger better hospitals with the newest equipment

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/8/15 1:34 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Check your insurance, they might have the information online, maybe you can find one in your area. However if you're willing to go into the city I went to NYU, they have a whole program set up along with seminars, etc, they're listed online & the staff was friendly & helpful. Whenever I called someone always returned my call. They are also listed as a Bariatric Center of Excellence with my insurance which is Cigna.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

KewGirl
on 3/8/15 1:59 am

Thanks so much for your suggestions of going into Manhattan and yes, it's actually something I considered since I live in Queens. I chose Nassau county because my family is there and I thought it would be easier to travel post surgery and follow up appointments in a car rather than subway/taxi. I may decide to go to NYC after all.

mickeymantle
on 3/8/15 3:28 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I used to work at NYU medical center and there all great people there

kew gardens id not that far from the city by car

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sasny
on 3/9/15 2:59 pm
VSG on 03/20/12

I highly recommend Dr. Pomp at NY Presbyterian - Cornell Medical Center in NYC

Pastythighs
on 3/13/15 3:20 am

Hi! I had my sleeve done by Dr Collin Brathwaite in Nassau county. He does the surgery in Winthrop hospital and has offices in Mineola and Patchogue. The staff at Mineola is very nice. I did have to play some phone tag with the "patient liaison" during the presurgery phase. But they always got back to me in a reasonable amount of time. They have also been very supportive post surgery as well. Also, Dr Brathwaite is one of the most kind and humble surgeons I've ever met. Hope this helps, take care and good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics