VSG in 6 weeks? Odd question?

Sandy M.
on 3/5/15 12:34 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Diet and exercise is not a lie if you follow the program after surgery, trust me!  The surgery just makes the diet a little easier.

That being said, I think it depends on who is asking.  If it's someone not that close to you, diet and exercise is a good response.  Or just "thanks for the compliment - I've worked really hard".  

But remember, some people might have the same issues as you and are looking to connect with someone that has been through the experience.  Or they have a friend/family member, etc.  that is considering surgery.  By sharing your journey with them, you may change a life.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Tracy D.
on 3/5/15 1:19 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I never told co-workers and neither did my husband.  When asked what he has done to lose weight so far he says: "cut carbs and started running".   No one questions it, especially when he starts in with explaining his extreme (to non-WLS people) diet or starts talking about running.  People think he's nuts at that point and really don't want to hear any more - lol! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Dan1962
on 3/5/15 1:21 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I am in sales and work in a small office.  I decided early on that if someone asked I would say I had weight loss surgery.  I use it as part of my therapy to accept I had to do this.  I have lost 50# multiple times in my life only to put it plus some back on.  For me saying it out loud to people helps me embrace this as my new way of life.  I have  pretty stong personality so I don't worry or particlarly care what other say or think.  Good luck with your decision.

hollykim
on 3/5/15 1:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 4, 2015 at 8:03 PM Pacific Time, beelitehobbies wrote:

Hello

I am scheduled for  VSG surgery in 6 weeks. Afraid a little, but mostly excited.

The one dilemma that I have may sound stupid? It isn't to me. I would like to keep the surgery to my immediate family and close friends? These are the only people that know what's coming on April 27th.

I have not wanted to tell co-workers? My work position dictates some form of discretion and I am strictly business at work. Want to continue that way? Plan was to just say "diet and exercise" However I am not 100% at this point? Have 100's of people around me and my facility. As well as an equal number at other facilities across Canada and the USA that know and see me regularly?

Is this a crazy idea? Has anyone else also not told co-workers?

thank you in advance

there are many ppl who don't share their entire lives with everyone they know. Diet and exercise is an appropriate answer since it IS partly diet and exercise along with a tool to make those things more efficient. 

You owe nobody an explanation. About anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics