I need advice..one month out and gaining

TeashaLorna
on 3/7/15 7:52 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Shakes cause me to have constipation as well.  I increase my water and take miralax to help out. I still at almost  three years have one shake a day for sure and sometimes two depending how hard I working out, in particular lifting weights. If I do hard weight routine I get wicked wicked cramps in my legs two days later but if I have a shake after then I don't ??? I only use a clean isolate fast absorbtion shake. 30 gms protein for 130 calories.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Nikke2003
on 3/6/15 4:31 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

You've already got the answer. Cut out the sweets, cut out the carbs. There is no other time than now that weigh loss is the easier. Take advantage of it.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

rocky513
on 3/6/15 4:47 am - WI

Ditto what everyone else has said about cutting carbs, upping protein, and increasing water.  64 ounces of water is the MINIMUM amount you should be drinking.  Not getting enough fluids could be causing the constipation problems.  I have to drink 120 ounce of fluid daily or I have "problems" in that area.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

jgreenlee12
on 3/6/15 5:02 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Im 12 weeks post op and this week I gained 2 lbs. I ONLY eat protein, get 100ish grams a day. I ONLY drink water, get 80ish oz a day. And only get about 800 calories a day. Trust me, I understand you when you say you don't understand how you can gain on such little food. But...after I had a little panic attack, I realized that it would be that time of the month in about 3 days and that what I had gained was water weight. Got on the scale this morning and it was back down 1 lb already. There are plenty of reasons you could gain water weight. I don't think you can gain actual weight on the little bit of calories we consume. Give it time and keep doing what you are suppose to be doing and it will go back down.

Kiwideb
on 3/6/15 9:23 am
VSG on 01/19/15

I was about to suggest the same if the op is female.

I got hit with the period every two weeks deal. Water retention is a biatch! Every 15 days or so everything comes to a halt, I retsin water like crazy (compared to no periods previously), then start losing again 7 days later. 

Tracy D.
on 3/6/15 5:15 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Here's what you do: 

- no cream of wheat, start your day with protein - eggs

- no potatoes during weight loss...ever! 

- no starchy veggies during weight loss...ever! 

- no candy during weight loss...ever! 

- up tha****er to at least 80 oz. a day...you're not getting nearly enough considering how much you weigh

- keep up the cardio and add in 2 days of bodyweight or resistance training.  Use bands, use your own body weight, use some little hand weights or kettlebells.  You can Google search for an easy workout to do.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/15 9:33 am

Hard ass! LOL!

Tracy D.
on 3/6/15 9:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Tough love Tracy 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

BlueHeron81
on 3/6/15 8:30 pm - MD
VSG on 01/30/15

Absolutely!

Starlene02
on 3/6/15 1:33 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

I haven't had my surgery yet so this is just a question not a suggestion. Should she be doing weights at one month out? I've read so many conflicting things. When are you suppose to be able start that kind of thing? I realize this kind of thing varies. I've been a slow healer in the past but when did your doctor ok extra work outs?

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

Most Active
Recent Topics