Anyone know Dr. Jalil Illan in Tijuana???

Spencerella
on 3/4/15 3:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

How interesting that all these endorsers joined OH today!  Hopefully some people who are better known to us can speak of their experiences too!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Chery Taylor
on 3/4/15 4:17 am

I just saw your comment about people just joining today, I joined a while ago. I'm not on here much because like i stated above, Almost all of his patients are on the Facebook support group. Sadly I only have so much time in my day. Someone on our support group mentioned that someone was asking about Dr Illian and because we care about others seeking this surgery and know they will be safe and well taken care of with Dr Illan some took time to join and help others, A lot of those who took the time to join to inform others of him had no idea about this group. Please don't allow the fact that new people are sharing their stories deter you from looking into him as a Dr. Have a great day :) 

Natalie1217
on 3/4/15 8:19 am - Apex, NC

Sounds like you have an issue with the positive feed back.  I have been a member for awhile.  I also had not heard of him until I reached out on face book under gastric bypass page.  Honestly I don't even use this site that often,  but was compelled to state that everyone I have talked to had nothing but positive stuff.  To each there own but don't bash.  

Chery Taylor
on 3/4/15 4:00 am

Hi 

Most of his patients are on a facebook page called "team Illian" its a closed group you can request to join. I had my surgery on 12-8-14. so i'm 3 months out, from start to finish Dr, Illian and his team are amazing. Please let me know what questions you have and i will do my best to answer. Honestly to get the best information is to join the face book page. Its like a huge family. you get to go through peoples journeys with them. you see how scared and nervous people are you see the excitement of them boarding the plan their pictures of them in MX and then we all get to follow each others progress and stalls and everything in between. I wouldn't have been able to get through this with out all of them. theirs about 400 of us.  Take Care Chery

rhw94123
on 3/4/15 4:37 am, edited 3/4/15 4:38 am

MEA CULPA!  :) I think I'm the one who happened to recruit all these positive testimonials from just-joined-OH-today people :).  I wrote on the TEAM ILLAN Facebook page this morning that I had ended up on ObesityHelp when doing some research and saw a query about Dr. Illan that was going unanswered.  I posted a link to this thread and said "if anyone has an ObesityHelp membership/sign-in, maybe you could post an answer."    I guess people feel positive enough that they wanted to sign up and respond, which is great, but I agree it would be more credible if a long-time OH member chimed in :).

Best to all!

(VSG surgery w/ Dr. Jalil ILLAN Fraijo on 11/11/13 - returned to MX to bring a friend to him 1/20/14 .)

Hislady
on 3/4/15 5:47 am, edited 3/4/15 5:47 am - Vancouver, WA

Sounds a whole lot more like a rep from his office trying to drum up business than loyal fans! Because we see that all the time here!! I've been here for over 8 yrs and never heard the name before.

rhw94123
on 3/4/15 6:25 am

That is an understandable impression, Hislady :) -- I definitely *did* just sign up today (and did outreach on our FB page for other enthusiastic patients to do the same), so I can see where it might seem like I was/am a person from his office, etc. (I'm not--just a formerly chubby lady who feels fortunate to have found his practice) but I also *did* find his name in ObesityHelp.com's pull-down menu of surgeons as I was creating my profile this morning (in response to the site's question as to who my surgeon was), so he has to have been around OH for at least a little while (he was in the "F"s on their pull-down menu - full name Dr. Jalil ILLAN Fraijo).  I have often wondered why so many of his former patients are so eager to endorse him and I think it has to do with the great experiences people have with him, meeting other patients when in Mexico and then staying close with them (in person and on Facebook) after returning to the states.  I think most patients are so giddy to be thin and fit that they have heightened fondness for whoever was a big part of getting them there (just my theory:)!).

I have enjoyed OH and its great info as I've done my research today and in months & years past -- we are all so lucky to have all these great online resources available to us as we try to get healthier!

StacysSleevedLife
on 4/1/16 7:10 am, edited 1/12/17 4:50 am

No none of these ladies are reps for Dr. Illan, and before anyone can jump the gun on me I am not a rep, coordinator or a patient. My hubby will be having his sleeve with him at the end of May. Just a few facts about him Dr. Illan.

1. He is in charge of IMMS #! trauma surgery department.
  2. He has been doing bariatric surgery for over 8 years now.
  3. He has done specialize training in bypass surgery in Brazil.
  4. He only does 3 to 4 surgeries as do 90% of the ethical surgeons.
  5. All bariatric surgeries are done at Oasis Hospital which has new OR's built to International standards yes this includes the US.

How do I know all these this because I live in Tijuana Mexico and know a lot about bariatric surgeons, plastic surgeons, the facilities they perform their surgeries in. I am also a structural drafter and seen the OR's being built at Oasis.

If you have questions please feel free to ask me. :)

Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg 

StacysSleevedLife
on 12/11/18 8:44 am

It has been a while since I have posted in here but I want to update on where I am and what all has happened in my life since this post :)

I am now a certified nutritionist and work with BariatricPal and Dr. Illan

I run the nutrition department, the plastics department, and Transportation department.

Having WLS has changed my life in so many ways and I want to help everyone to be as fortunate as me.

I have had 1 more WLS to fix my acid reflux and Dr. Illan did my revision he is one of the top 5 bariatric surgeons doing this procedure. I have also had at least 1 more round of plastics since this and going to do my 4th round with Dr. Marciales and BariatricPal.

My life has grown so much since my article and this post I just want everyone to be as happy as me.

Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg 

redhotgoddess68
on 8/24/19 2:32 pm

Where and through what agency are you certified as a nutritionist?

Most Active
Recent Topics