gaining weight!!

jameas
on 3/3/15 11:40 pm, edited 3/3/15 11:40 pm

mE TOO GAInED 10# OVER HOLIDAYS STiLL WORKING N  IT, arg 2 YrS OUT FIRST TIME IT HAS EVER HAPPENED, SO i M BACK TO THE BEGINNING MEASURE WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING I PUT IN MOUTH, AND PROTEIN DRINK IN MY COFFEE AND THRU OUT THE DY SO 1 WEEK DOWN 2# HEAD IS CLEAR, THE BEING HONEST FACTOR HAS KICKED IN AND i AM FEELING THAT CONTROL AND OBSERVING MYSELF AND HABITS AND DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO DIG DOWN AND GET THIS BACK!!!! dO IT YOU CAN!

snowiekate
on 3/4/15 12:14 am - FL

I am in a similar situation: less than 2 years since surgery, basically at goal - and gained 10lbs in the last 5 weeks. I agree with other posters - figure out what you are doing differently. Are you eating more carbs? Exercising less? Not tracking, not getting enough water? (Yes to all of the above for me).

I've had to set DAILY goals right now in order to get back on track. So today, I am taking the stairs and limiting myself to 1 protein bar, no snacking, and only eating things that I can ACCURATELY track in MyFitnessPal. This does include a protein shake for breakfast, but if protein shakes leave you hungry you should substitute dense protein that keeps you full.

You know how to do this, and you've got tons of support here! Good luck. :)

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

sanantoniorose1960
on 3/5/15 11:53 pm - Austin, TX

I had gone down to 142 and people were saying I looked ill like I had cancer, but I was happy there. I have regained 20 pounds and now people tell me I look good but I'm unhappy here: my body aches, and my mind is foggy - just like before the surgery. I want to get back to 140i****s been 3.5 yrs since my VSG. Everyone's post offers good suggestions. I guess its time to reactivate My fitness Pal app.

Most Active
Recent Topics