Happy Birthday to mee! Birthday treats?

KrissyKooKoo
on 2/25/15 7:33 pm
RNY on 07/22/19

I turn 25 today and never would have guessed a year ago that I would be under 200lbs by my birthday! I'm currently stuck at 195 and can't seem to get below it, but that's beside the point! With that being said, what is your take on birthday treats? I realize you should try to break the cycle of relating all celebrations with food, but I'd like to know where people stand on this matter. I have ice cream cake every year, so this year my mom made me "ice cream" sandwiches with fat free cool whip, strawberries, and low fat graham crackers. They may or may not have dark chocolate shavings around the edges ;)

jenn1469
on 2/25/15 8:29 pm

I think that's ok I mean it could be worse. As long as left overs aren't left with you were you eat ever day till there gone. lol

Jennifer

thallnc
on 2/25/15 9:11 pm - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Happy Birthday!!! 

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

Rachel M.
on 2/25/15 9:20 pm
VSG on 12/31/14

I'm planning on having a bite of cake and maybe a scoop of sugar free ice cream for my birthday.  I don't eat sweets very often so I figure least I can do is treat myself a little (without going overboard) 

Happy Birthday btw, hope your day is filled with fun and excitement!!  

{ HW:275 | CW:166.6 | GW:145 | TL:108.4 }    

VSG on 12/31/2014 with Dr. John Kelly at UMASS Memorial.   

mmsmom
on 2/25/15 9:35 pm, edited 2/25/15 9:35 pm - Woburn, MA

My philosophy is if you can eat it in control, then have it. If it is going to set you off or make you crazy for more of it, find an alternate treat that you can handle.  Happy Birthday!

VSG on 04/28/2014

momsy55
on 2/25/15 9:36 pm - ME

Happy 25th birthday, and congratulations on all of your success!!  As someone else said, whether or not you indulge in a treat depends on whether or not doing so will be a trigger.  I just had my 60th birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I had some sugar free ice cream, both on my actual birthday and at the surprise party my family had last weekend.  However, even the sugar free stuff called my name constantly, and I had some every day until it was gone.  My surgeon said that, with the sleeve, I'll be able to celebrate family events - birthdays, graduations, etc., with a small portion of whatever, but not at other times.  Some people can handle that, and if you're one of them - go for it!  I know, deep down to my soul, that I can't handle a little piece at the celebration, without eventual repercussions, so I choose not to, as even the "legal" stuff can be a trigger for me.  I would suggest trying to look honestly at how you handle certain foods, and make your decision from there.  Whatever your decide, have a ball - you deserve it!!!  :)   Mary 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

AngCan2
on 2/25/15 9:46 pm
VSG on 10/17/14

Happy Birthday!  Eggface has a list of protein ice creams that look delicious ( haven't tried them yet, I'm only 4 months out).  She even has an ice cream birthday cake.  They might be good "treats" to have.

Ice cream:  http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

Ice cream cake: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/06/protein-ice-cream-birthday-cake.html

momsy55
on 2/25/15 9:48 pm - ME

Happy 25th birthday, and congratulations on all of your success!! As someone else said, whether or not you indulge in a treat depends on whether or not doing so will be a trigger. I just had my 60th birthday a couple of weeks ago. I had some sugar free ice cream, both on my actual birthday and at the surprise party my family had last weekend. However, even the sugar free stuff called my name constantly, and I had some every day until it was gone. My surgeon said that, with the sleeve, I'll be able to celebrate family events - birthdays, graduations, etc., with a small portion of whatever, but not at other times. Some people can handle that, and if you're one of them - go for it! I know, deep down to my soul, that I can't handle a little piece at the celebration, without eventual repercussions, so I choose not to, as even the "legal" stuff can be a trigger for me. I would suggest trying to look honestly at how you handle certain foods, and make your decision from there. Whatever your decide, have a ball - you deserve it!!! :) Mary

momsy55
on 2/25/15 9:50 pm - ME

Happy 25th birthday, and congratulations on all of your success!! As someone else said, whether or not you indulge in a treat depends on whether or not doing so will be a trigger. I just had my 60th birthday a couple of weeks ago. I had some sugar free ice cream, both on my actual birthday and at the surprise party my family had last weekend. However, even the sugar free stuff called my name constantly, and I had some every day until it was gone. My surgeon said that, with the sleeve, I'll be able to celebrate family events - birthdays, graduations, etc., with a small portion of whatever, but not at other times. Some people can handle that, and if you're one of them - go for it! I know, deep down to my soul, that I can't handle a little piece at the celebration, without eventual repercussions, so I choose not to, as even the "legal" stuff can be a trigger for me. I would suggest trying to look honestly at how you handle certain foods, and make your decision from there. Whatever your decide, have a ball - you deserve it!!! :) Mary

jenn1469
on 2/25/15 9:57 pm

Happy birthday 

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics