I feel so...vulnerable.

gaia12141
on 2/25/15 3:26 am

I'm 3 weeks out and 23 pounds down as of today.  Mostly I've been feeling pretty good and even-keeled, but noticed an odd sort of sadness yesterday that has continued into today.  Along with this, there's a real sense of physical vulnerability, a desire to bundle up in warm clothes or burrow under the covers.  Too bad I'm single, cuddles would be nice too.

I think layers are being peeled back on multiple levels.  It's actually not surprising to me that I'm feeling strangely exposed.  Not feeling a need to change or run away from it.  Just noticing, and sharing.

Surgery date: 2/4/15    Surgeon: Ozanan Meireles, MD, Mass General Hospital

HW/284   SW/250   CW/185   GW/150       

Gwen M.
on 2/25/15 3:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This process has been very mentally challenging for me.  I started seeing a therapist before surgery, because it was recommended, but my gosh, I'd be lost without her.  I actually look forward to therapy every week.  (I had bad experiences with therapists when I was pre-20, so this is sort of a big deal for me.)  But even with my awesome talk therapist that I see every week, after I'd lost about 100 pounds my mind went sideways and I started having pretty serious issues with feeling disconnected from my new body and my new life - since both are pretty much unrecognizable to me now.  So I started seeing a second therapist with a different modality (DMT - dance movement therapy).  

I can only imagine what a basket case I'd be without therapy :/  Being kind to myself is like a full time job.  Sadly I don't have that kind of time to devote to it :(

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/15 4:03 am
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/15 4:05 am

Try not to get overwhelmed by the full scope of your recovery instead look at it one day at a time. Right now, you just have to get through today, when that seems impossible remember that we are sending positive thoughts your way. All will be fine.

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/15 4:07 am
Kiwideb
on 2/25/15 12:14 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Hormones have totally got me these last 5 weeks. The first 2-3 weeks I was a weepy mess. It couldbe your hormones are catching up with you.

Unfortunately, you just have to grin and bear it for the hormone dumping as I undestand it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics