AM I CRAZY?!

poplargreys
on 2/25/15 11:47 am
VSG on 03/31/15

I researched and soul-searched for an entire year before turning in my packet and starting the supervised diet and insurance approval paperwork. At 30 years old and 315lbs (and climbing) I had no existing comorbidities... YET. I decided to take this drastic step precisely because I don't have any problems yet, and I have my whole life ahead of me. I want to take control of my health and my weight NOW so that I can enjoy a long, healthy, normal life.

Nikke2003
on 2/25/15 10:28 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Having surgery and losing weight means you will have more energy and be able to do more things with your children. Not to mention, you are much more likely to die at a younger age from obesity related diseases than you are from the surgery itself. The surgery really is very safe in terms of surgeries go. It is completely normal to feel the way you are feeling now, but trust me when I say that you will find very few people on these boards that don't think the rewards were worth the risk!

Hang in there!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Canadian_Girl
on 2/25/15 11:21 pm

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. I really can not tell you all how much it means to me and I knew this was the right place to talk about my fears. You all made me realize that living for my boys means being there for the long run and being able to actually participate in their lives. There is really no question what I need to do for them and for most importantly for me. I think as a mom we often put our needs aside to focus on that of our children but I need to find the strength to make myself happy too. When I go and see my surgeon I will be telling him that I am 100% on board!! Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Canadian_Girl
on 2/25/15 11:25 pm
JustBeth13
on 2/25/15 11:45 pm

I'm preop too, but older. For decades, I convinced myself that that I was healthy - all except for the fat. Cancer (twice!) - both types of which are associated with fat - sleep apnea, heart rhythm problems, bad knees. Even though I dealt with each problem as it arose, they piled up bit by bit, year by year. Wish I had stopped lying to myself a long time ago! We are killing ourselves with fat WAY more surely than surgery ever could.

Most Active
Recent Topics