Hi Veterans and anyone else who might have input

Ellie333
on 2/23/15 5:59 am - Canada

Sleeved 18/02/15 and was feeling a little better every day except today.  Started out feeling pretty good, been taking Xtra strength tylenol for pain, went for nap and woke up with pain in my stomach just below rib cage (kinda felt like gas pains), walked, sipped, took more tylenol, pain eased off but feeling a little nauseous with a grumbling pouch (almost feels like hunger pains).  I should mention that today was the first BM that was very liquid ****ured 3 times).  Has anyone else out there experienced this??  Temp normal.  Any advise?

Valerie G.
on 2/23/15 6:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The pain is likely gas.  Keep moving to get it dislodged.  Nausea is likely dehydration settling in.  Your goal is 64 oz every single day of fluids - anything wet and decaf counts.  So far everything seems normal.  I cannot push the need for fluids enough.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sandy M.
on 2/23/15 6:14 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You might also want to ask your doc about a PPI if you aren't on one already.  The nausea and grumbling can sometimes be excess acid.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

hollykim
on 2/23/15 9:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM Pacific Time, Ellie333 wrote:

Sleeved 18/02/15 and was feeling a little better every day except today.  Started out feeling pretty good, been taking Xtra strength tylenol for pain, went for nap and woke up with pain in my stomach just below rib cage (kinda felt like gas pains), walked, sipped, took more tylenol, pain eased off but feeling a little nauseous with a grumbling pouch (almost feels like hunger pains).  I should mention that today was the first BM that was very liquid ****ured 3 times).  Has anyone else out there experienced this??  Temp normal.  Any advise?

are you getting all the liquid in you can? Dehydration causes nausea. 

Also,we don't have a "pouch" we have a sleeve. Rnyers have pouches. 

CJCC55
on 2/23/15 8:39 pm - Cleveland, TN

I had a very rude awakening to the fact that I had become lactose intolerant following my VSG.  It was very strange.... all of a sudden, I could not use milk....I had liquid stools, lots of stomach and gut churning, and pain.  Mine all went away when I stopped using dairy. 

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Most Active
Recent Topics