Frustrated! Will I hit my goal??

shorty71
on 2/22/15 10:24 pm, edited 2/22/15 10:26 pm - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

This months weight loss has been frustrating!  I started off at 133 on feb 1st, went down to 131.8 on feb 7th, then went up to 131-134 and have been up and and down teetering  between 133.6-134 for most if the month!  I'm struggling. Any tips?  Has this happened to anyone? I hear its tougher the less you have to loose but this is crazy. These last 9-14 lbs got to go!

aharris30
on 2/22/15 10:33 pm
VSG on 05/13/14

I so understand where your coming from. What does your daily meals look like?

Tracy D.
on 2/23/15 12:33 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You have to trust that if you are staying strictly on track with calories/carbs/protein/water/exercise that your body WILL get to that weight.  

For me, the closer I got to "goal" the more important it was to focus on body composition (amount of body fat vs lean body mass) than the number on the scale.  I found that the ideal "number" in my head was 125...but when you're already at 19-20% body fat and you're in the 130's.  Well, the 120's isn't reasonable unless you want to work out like an Olympic athlete...and I don't.  

It may be worth investing in getting your body fat tested in a Bodpod or a place where they do underwater body fat testing (my local university exercsie physio dept does it).  It might give you a more realistic idea of what your "ideal" weight should be.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

tstowe
on 2/23/15 2:46 am
On February 23, 2015 at 6:24 AM Pacific Time, shorty71 wrote:

This months weight loss has been frustrating!  I started off at 133 on feb 1st, went down to 131.8 on feb 7th, then went up to 131-134 and have been up and and down teetering  between 133.6-134 for most if the month!  I'm struggling. Any tips?  Has this happened to anyone? I hear its tougher the less you have to loose but this is crazy. These last 9-14 lbs got to go!

No ****

I have less than 10 pounds to go and at this rate it will take me another two months to lose it.

BUT... I have less than 10 pounds to go. So I'm happy. Clothes fit. I can see my feet. Life is good (even thought it is irritating).

:O)

shorty71
on 2/23/15 4:09 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

The more i think of it ( and part of me doesnt want to admit to it!) but i know the problem. ME!!!!!  Until upto this point loosing the weight has been pretty easy and pretty effortless up until this month. Then again looking at what i have been doing wrong is definetly having too many calories and making poor choices! ive been addicted starbucks raspberry white mocha late. I've been getting way too too much and pretty much daily for a while :(. Didn't reilize just how many calories those really are! i need to stop! Ive been getting the venti size and sipping in it all night at work. Sometimes i don't fini**** all but still too many calories!  I also need to excercise more. I've been slacking. I've started a new job and my schedule has been crazy. I work nights so ive been really tired!  No excuse i know. I need to grt er done!  Lol. My surgiversary is April first and i wanted to be at my goal by then!  Think i could lose 9-24 pounds in a month?

Most Active
Recent Topics