Sweet Cravings

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/20/15 6:51 am - MI

When my time of the month comes I crave sweets. It usually last two days and then I'm over it. I do drink diet Swiss miss and will have sugar free popscicles. They don't really satisfy my craving. Does anyone have a low carb go to when they need to satisfy a sweet craving??

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

mickeymantle
on 2/20/15 7:00 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sugar free products tend to make people crave more sweets they also make you move glucose resistant

eat some blueberries the low carb and sweet

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/20/15 7:04 am - MI

I hate that its only two days out of the month! I have blueberries in he house right now!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

changingmylife4ever
on 2/20/15 8:06 am
On February 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM Pacific Time, mickeymantle wrote:

sugar free products tend to make people crave more sweets they also make you move glucose resistant

eat some blueberries the low carb and sweet

Everyone is different when it comes to sugar free and sweetners. I eat sugar free pudding at lunch and  fudge pops after supper most every day.  Use sweetners all day long in my hot tea and coffee (along with SF creamer) and I don't crave sweets. I have not had the first bite of candy, cake, cookie, and etc. since Oct 18th, 2013. I no longer crave that stuff. Don't care if I have them, can be around this stuff, and people eating the stuff and it never phases me in the least. Don't know what happened to my sweet addiction, but sugar free didn't make me crave more sweets. I tend to believe eating simple carbs is what triggers the cravings.

Zabet2015
on 2/20/15 7:03 am, edited 2/20/15 7:18 am

Caveat:  I'm not getting sleeved for another 13 days... so this is just low carb lifestyle tricks. 

This is going to sound really weird... but I always craved ice cream during my period.  I've done low carb before, and the only thing that satisfied that craving was extra creamy cool whip-- frozen.  Just get a tub and keep it in the freezer.  I'd do one tablespoon, and it tasted just like ice cream to me.  I found that all I needed was that tiny amount, and it would get me through.  It was maybe 3 carbs, I think?  Not sure if that dairy works with VSG, but it was a huge help to me.  Another thing?  Scramble 2 eggs with vanilla, cinnamon, and stevia sweetner to taste.  It makes this sweet tasting crepe type thing... again, very few carbs, but sweet flavor that would often do the trick.

Sometimes?  Nothing works.  Thank goodness we don't feel like that all the time!!!!!  Hormones are no joke!

SW: 212  CW: 200  GW: 145   Getting there...one step at a time!

(VSG surgery on 3/4/15 by Dr. Ariel Ortiz)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/20/15 7:05 am - MI

You're right, hormones are no joke!! I do like cool whip! I'll add that to the grocery list!

mickeymantle
on 2/20/15 7:09 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sorry to tell you during the weight loss phase hormones get screwed up majorly

some women have 2 or more periods a month some don't get them at all for months

and do not trust birth control pills , hormonal birth control is not dependable  during  fast weight lose hormone that are stored in you fat are release and do all kind of wonderful stuff to your body 

most surgeons want you to use 2 forms of birth control

many women get pregnant during weight loss using the pill  and some other forms need to be refitted or check by your ob gyn

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

rocky513
on 2/20/15 7:27 am - WI

If you have a Nutri Bullet or a good blender you can make a "frosty".

Fill the 16 ounce cup 2/3 full with ice and add 1/2 cup water, one scoop chocolate protein powder, one rounded teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, one tablespoon instant coffee crystals, and one packet of stevia ( Splenda would work too).  Blend it until the ice is crushed and is smooth.  Top with a squirt of sugar free whipped cream and sugar free chocolate sauce ( the kind you get for ice cream or to make chocolate milk).  I eat it with a spoon right out of the blender cup.  30 grams of protein and it feels like you are eating Mocha Blizzard fro DQ.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

tky112414
on 2/20/15 8:50 am

do you like pickles or green olives?  A few green olives or a pickle will cure  your sweet cravings!! try it--works for me every time!!

Go Bucks!  Had to say it..u go blue girl!  lol!

Valerie G.
on 2/20/15 11:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

No kidding.  I'm totally trying this

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics