Are you happy with your revision to the sleeve?

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 5:40 am, edited 2/23/15 8:43 am
momsy55
on 2/23/15 5:49 am - ME

Good luck tomorrow - I'm sure you'll do fine!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 9:13 am

Thank you so much!

Sandy M.
on 2/23/15 6:12 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good for you for maintaining your weight!  I too had the band for 8 years, and was so miserable at the end I begged the surgeon to deflate it just to give me a break.  Good thing I went back to him, because when I did a barium swallow he was shocked to see even liquid not going through!  They asked me how I got food down, and I told them that, believe it or not, I used to jump up and down sometimes just to get the food to pass!  That's what I ended up having to do right then and there to get the barium to go through.  I had had the darn thing UNfilled twice already, and it still tightened up on me that much.  So I hear you on that one!

Getting it revised to the sleeve was absolutely the right thing to do, and since I got it done almost 2 years ago, I NEVER have felt the urge to vomit after eating, which was a constant with the band.  I no longer have to look for the bathroom as soon as I enter a restaurant, and no longer have to avoid bread, pasta, and other food because of the chance of it getting "stuck" (although I avoid them anyway just because they aren't good choices).

Good luck to you - you're making a good choice!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 9:17 am

Thank you for the insight it's appreciated!

spuddzy
on 2/23/15 8:13 am - NY

I had my band removed December 2014 had in put in 2010. I've been so happy with the sleeve. As u said my band also tighten by itself and I had to always go to bathroom to dump. It was very embarrassing out with family or friends to do this.i would order food and start eating when my band decided I wasn't . I lost in beginning but really had to diet. Then started gaining. I already lost 35 lbs. and can eat almost anything. I get full very fast and I'm starting to judge at a glance the amount to take with taking too much and leaving half. This is the best thing I've ever done. I recommend to anyone who has problem losing weight. I feel it safe and effective....

spuddzy

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 9:22 am

Thanks alot, your words are greatly appreciated.

diaamajed
on 2/23/15 8:54 am

I had my band removed on May 2014 and I had VSG on Nov 4th 2014.  I am feeling the different between the band and the sleeve. I love the sleeve and I think it was right move. 

My issue with Band was  always hungry and it did work for the good stuff (steak, chicken, hard vegetables.....) and I used to throw up all the time with hard food.

Now 3.5 months with sleeve and It is working with all the food and almost no throw up. I just had to be careful with amount of the food I am eating and I hungry feeling is way better now.

The other point is the recover after sleeve was harder for me than the band.

Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 9:19 am

Thank you kindly for your response.

Jennifer C.
on 2/28/15 5:06 am, edited 2/28/15 5:08 am - STL, MO

I also will be revising from lapband to the sleeve. I'm scheduled for April 11, one week shy of my lapband 10 years ago. I've never been happy with my results and looking to the future. My bmi was 46,10 years ago and today is just under 42.

Most Active
Recent Topics