My Husband Got Approved! And an update on me (& baby).

civilmomma
on 2/20/15 3:06 am, edited 2/23/15 10:45 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

We will be busy the next few months.

My husband got approved for his surgery - we have the 6m BCBS process, and he actually started his journey back in 2011 and backed out before...so this has been a long time coming.  He started thinking RNY (type 2 diabetic) but is leaning more towards VSG now.  We will discuss with the surgeon next week and he will make a final choice.  He will also likely have an umbilical hernia repaired too.

We are hoping he will have surgery by mid-March as I am 31w pregnant and we don't want him to still be in total recovery mode while I need him to help me in labor and he will need to parent the 3 & 4.5 year olds too.

My update:  I am 31weeks pregnant (and nearly 1 year post VSG myself).  So far the pregnancy has been "normal".  Things are so much easier pregnant in the 230s vs. in the 350+ range.  I do have some horrible varicose veins this time that I will have to see a vein doc about post-baby (already wearing prescription compression hose for it).  It is looking like this will be another big baby as I am measuring ahead like I did with #1 and #2.  My daughter was 9 and my son was an 11 pounder (vaginal deliveries - go me!) so we are thinking this one will be at least 9 again.  I have a growth ultrasound in 3 weeks to see how things are tracking.

My weight is on track to have me deliver at about the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant...so still 100pounds below my pre-VSG weight.  I am pleased with that as I got pregnant way too soon after surgery. 

This may be a sooner-than-we-planned baby but I really think everything is working out the way it was meant to be.

I was a 3x/28 for my first 2 kids...now wearing XL/16.  This really is a totally different experience.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/20/15 4:33 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Best of luck to both of you. My son is almost 8 months old I love every minute of it.

Most Active
Recent Topics