"How many pounds have you lost?"

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/21/15 3:26 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Yup, I give specifics, it's not a mystery that I was fat then & I'm fat now, but am super proud of myself of how far I've come. I usually give them the number followed by & am still going strong. Most often they cheer me on.

There was a day I was kinda not feeling like making my steps for the day cuz I was tired at the end of a long 12hr shift & her encouragement got me going for those last steps that I decided to walk around at the end of the day., & finish my steps for the day. Kinda felt like the person who finishes running that last mile with everyone cheering me on, even though I was the last one to cross the finish line. Not walking today though, LOL sheesh more snow! I'm so over this weather!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/21/15 5:09 am

I haven't any problem telling...I only wish I had more lbs to report!  There are so many people in my life who are so sweet and polite that they always demurred when I talked about how much weight I needed to lose. They never wanted to make me feel bad or different for being FAT.  Now they are so happy for me and completely amazed when I tell them how much I have lost and how much more I want to lose.  I can't wait until I can say "I lost 100 pounds!"  It may not be too much longer if I don't stall again.

Melanielw
on 2/21/15 5:35 am
VSG on 01/21/15

I am only a month post op, but I still have people constantly ask me how much I have lost. It was pretty obvious that I was obese before I had this surgery (and still am). So telling them my starting weight isn't that big of a deal to me. While my starting number is embarrassing I am doing something about it and that is what is important. Anytime someone loses weight (whether it be with WLS, dieting, WL programs, ect) people are going to ask them questions. I don't take it offensively, I just figure they are curious. 

sistah3
on 2/21/15 5:49 am

I give a ballpark number and when the inevitable "how are you doing it?" question follows I say I work really hard at it. Because I friggin do!

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/21/15 7:50 am
VSG on 10/30/13

TeressaJ
on 2/21/15 11:20 am

I tell them exactly how much I've lost because I am super proud! The problem is I tell them way more than they usually want to hear, like what I can currently eat, how many sizes I've lost, etc. I figure if they ask they get to know it all! LOL

co_dreamer
on 2/21/15 1:13 pm - Montrose, CO
VSG on 03/17/15

I'm a newbie.  what is the average lost on the 2 weeks post op diet and do you lose any with surgery.  I'm sorry I just have all these questions.  is ther a average weight loss you should lose.  I know everyone is differint.  I'm just a little nervous and anxios.  any info would help me thank you .  and u sound like u r doing so well.  good luck hope u can keep it up. 

Loser2542
on 2/21/15 7:36 pm

Everbody's weight loss journey is unique, so try not to focus on what the "average" is and how much you should lose within a certain amount of time. As long as you stay hydrated, get your proteins in and follow your doctor's plan, you will lose weight. My goals aren't focused on numbers on a scale or time frames, they are based on things I have more control over like how many steps I get in this week or can I increase my water intake. I wish you great success!

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

co_dreamer
on 2/24/15 8:11 am - Montrose, CO
VSG on 03/17/15

thank you

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/21/15 9:14 pm - MI

I stick with the truth. I have worked hard and I feel like the thruth works well for me..........with that being said, I haven't weighed myself since Jan. 9th so right now I add "around" in front of my number since I know I'm down almost down two clothes sizes since Jan. 9th.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Most Active
Recent Topics