I'm so upset! Need to vent...

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/18/15 7:27 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

So sorry you had to go thru all that! Your surgeon sounds like a jerk & I don't blame you for being ticked. Take it easy, that weight gain is probably all water & the shock from surgery. I know on my job whenever I had to go back to work b4 I was at full speed, they'd put me on light duty. Maybe your job can do that?, at least till you're feeling more normal. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Flabaway
on 2/18/15 12:49 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

I would get a new doctor and when you notify the old one, make sure you tell him he's fired, I did that once with a poor doctor and it was a very satisfying experience.

I hope you feel better soon.

NanfromSan
on 2/19/15 1:16 am
VSG on 12/09/14

I would throw out the word "liability" to him and see if he changes his tune...  what an ass!!!!  Trying to see the positive, maybe getting back to work and routine will help you get better/feel normal faster???

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

jenig0013
on 2/28/15 10:56 am

Hey . . . just wanted to throw in a factoid about the "reaction to anesthesia." The severe muscle pain you had is likely due to receiving succinylcholine as a muscle relaxant when they put you to sleep. Severe muscle pain is a known side effect of that drug, but it is often given as a safety measure since the anesthesia team can put the breathing tube in most rapidly (and therefore protect your lungs from stomach contents) with that medication. Sorry that happened to you :(

I'm a nurse anesthetist.

Most Active
Recent Topics