Almost a month out: EXHAUSTED

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 1:27 am

Thank you! Looking forward to getting more energy sometime in the near future. Good to know you've had that and it goes away eventually. 

Gwen M.
on 2/18/15 1:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's totally normal to be exhausted at this point!  Your body is still healing from major surgery, and it's trying to do so on a pretty reduced calorie diet.  Be patient with yourself.  :)  You'll get there.  Take naps if you need to.  

Are you getting all your vitamins in?  Iron?  B12?  How much liquid are you getting?  You might need more than 64 ounces for optimal function.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 2:00 am

Thanks, Gwen! It's tough to feel both like my old self and a totally new self all at once. IT's an awkward time for me, my body and my brain!

I'm not allowed iron yet at this stage (NUT and surgeon say it hurts the stomach while healing) I am doing sublingual b12. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm reaching the required amount from my NUT ( i think it's 1,200 3x a week, but again, don't quote me, I just know I have it set up as whatever I was told. 

I am getting 64 oz, but will try to up it I think. It's that whole eating/drinking timing thing. I'm doing the 64, but def not more than that in a day. I will try around 80oz. And I'm def hitting protein. I'm a vegetarian, but have found really excellent options. I'm not getting the enzymes from meat, so I may have some adjusting to do actually from that perspective. Maybe more b12 would help, I will call the office before I make that decision. 

Thanks for your input! 

Gwen M.
on 2/18/15 2:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It is awkward, oh my gosh.  You'll get there and you will start feeling better and more energetic!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kiwideb
on 2/18/15 2:29 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I totally get you. I'm just a few days ahead of you, and after a full day at work, then home and cook/housework I am crawling in to bed at 9.30 and out like a light.

With pneumonia (hospitalized) after surgery, plus less food, I'm giving myself a bit of a pass for being tired for a couple more weeks.

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/19/15 4:07 am

It's such an adjustment. I know that it's a process and new way of life, but I did also think I would be getting MORE energy after around 2 weeks and felt like I was in a routine. But last wk was my first wk back to work and i was just dragging. It all makes sense now. It's just that we can't see the healing on the inside and sometimes I forget it's only been 4 weeks. 

Pneumonia sounds so nasty after undergoing this surgery. Then adding to this crazy winter, seems pretty stacked against feeling any energy. But feel better!!! 

NanfromSan
on 2/19/15 11:31 am
VSG on 12/09/14

Have they checked all your blood work/labs/etc?  Also, don't forget, winter is the time we get seasonal affective disorder, due to lack of sunlight.  Winter blues/hibernation....first symptom is fatigue.  I always slept more in the winter months before wls.  After wls I find there is no change. I still need the extra sleep. I guess I'll see what happens in spring!  Hopefully by then you will have your energy plus some more :)

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/20/15 4:46 am

That's a great point. I go back for blood work in 3 months, but may make an earlier appointment just to see. It's 7 degrees out today, so I would chalk it up to the winter, it's just so damn odd. Maybe I just need to have my little hibernation and pop up like a daisy in the spring!

The weirdest part is i hate spring and summer since I'm always too hot and tired of the heat. I wonder if this time I will be happier about it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics