Almost a month out: EXHAUSTED

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 12:34 am

Truly blessed and happy to have the sleeve. Tomorrow makes exactly one month since surgery. Happy as ever. The only thing other than a little head hunger and odd cravings is I am absolutely wiped out. I'm tired all the time. 

Nothing is different other than my food intake and that I had surgery a month ago. I walk the same amount as I did pre-surgery right now. I am hitting my water and protein. But no matter what, at the end of every day I am so tired I want to sleep on the subway by 6 pm. And I go to bed at 11 and wake up at 9, so I'm getting enough sleep. 

Anyone had this issue early in the game? i'm used to being tired since I've been so heavy so recently, but  I figured my energy would really pick up at least mid-day. Thoughts? 

I have one cup of coffee every morning, per my NUT. 

Thanks! Hopefully it's a phase.. 

mickeymantle
on 2/18/15 12:40 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

no you donj't want to sleep on the subway you will end up in the Bronx

your body is still healing and getting used to the new amount of calories, make shore you are getting your b12 

maybe have the coffee in the afternoon

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 12:43 am

I packed it today to make sure I'm now having b12 mid-day. I will see how that goes. Thanks! 

Amy M.
on 2/18/15 12:41 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Your body needs to adjust to the lack of calories and lack of carbs. It will eventually learn to use the protein as energy but right now your body is like "wtf are you doing to me?"

so there's that and the fact that you're still healing. Your body is burning tons of energy to heal you so with your activity level you're bound to get tired. It gets bette. Keep at it you're doing great!

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 12:46 am

That is such a good point. I feel so good that I often forget I even underwent such major surgery 4 wks ago. Sometimes I just throw myself onto my bed and then panic that I hurt my stomach, even thought I don't feel it. I even read that anesthesia could still be in my system which is wild. 

My head just cannot catch up to this surgery sometimes. It forgets that just because I'm feeling so full and wonderful and healthy, that my body is working overtime inside. 

Thank you for your always-awesome advice! I will hang tight. 

aharris30
on 2/18/15 12:44 am
VSG on 05/13/14

It took a few months and starting b12 injections to make me feel better. I know it sucks.

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 12:46 am

Thanks! I will keep up with the b12 and ride this out. I just assumed I would have more of a pep in my step at this point. But as long as it's normal... 

mickeymantle
on 2/18/15 12:47 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I grew up in Brooklyn and know all about those subways it is hard to sleep on them if your not drunk but I had a friend do it and  road back and forth from Brooklyn to the Bronx 3 times till a cop woke him

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 12:59 am

Yikes! I've never fallen asleep on the subway, I'm too scared to! Just very sleepy these days. 

jgreenlee12
on 2/18/15 1:23 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I felt that way until between my 6th and 7th week postop and it just went away. I guess my body needed that time heal. It will go away.

Most Active
Recent Topics