Starting over?

PsychoWriter
on 2/18/15 10:47 am - St Petersburg, FL

hi there. quick question. Im 4yrs out last November and I've fallen off the wagon...so to speak. Now i know all the right things i should be doing but ive been cheating pretty bad lately so i want to stop this now before it goes too far. i was just wondering if anyone whose been in my position-having allowed these.old bad habits to creep up on me again and stay for awhile-wondering how many of you have started over at the beginig to get yourself back on track. ive heard from afew people that it really helps and almost sort of reprograms you to get back on track and continue on as you should. now by starting over i literally mean following the plan we all get post surgery and actually taking a week or two of liquid only, then slowly build back up through the stages to eat solid food again.        Has anyone done this and if so did it help you? how did you go about it? im thinking that i really want to do this bc as i said its been over 4years  and while ive done well i feel like ive gotten lazy or comfortable with cheating n not pushing myself to excersise as much. i know psychologically why im doing these things to so im not totally in the dark. but, i figure if i go through all the trouble of starting over and being strict with myself this will help me in the long run. so, anyway, has anyone done this on this forum?

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

Gwen M.
on 2/18/15 10:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I think that, at this point, going back to liquids would be no better than a fad diet.  And it would be super unsatisfactory.  So I'm not sure what the benefit of that would be at all.  

Instead, I'd really work on getting back to your basics - protein, liquid, track everything you eat with MyFitnessPal, etc.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/15 11:09 am

Been there. Done it. Works, but it's hard and it doesn't address the psych issues of why we choose to eat in a way we know doesn't work long term. I did a three days liquid, then added one small protein meal for the next 11. Then I went back to eating on plan. Then b'day and some major stress and blam! Off plan again for a few days. 

So, yup, it works, but it's more the whole commitment to the discipline of healthy eating. I can honestly do the same reset by eating nothing but protein and veggies for three days. Both ways work. 

Kiwideb
on 2/18/15 2:09 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

From a support perspective, perhaps if your doc has a support group your not going to, it's time to head back?

(can you tell I just got home from a meeting where a number of people talked about falling off the wagon?)

PsychoWriter
on 2/18/15 11:07 pm - St Petersburg, FL

thanks to you all for your input. its very much appreciated. :)

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

Most Active
Recent Topics