Not sure I can handle failing again.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/17/15 11:02 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Did you check into whether or not your insurance will cover a revision? Many will not cover it.

sunshine-n-rainbowz8

on 2/18/15 8:58 am

Not yet. My band has been out for years. I am back to my pre-weight. I talked to one of the insurance girls and she seemed to think it would not be a problem but not 100% sure.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/18/15 8:59 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Please check directly with your insurance company. Many of them will only pay once for a surger or will not cover a revision.

sunshine-n-rainbowz8

on 2/20/15 10:58 am

Yeah I will. I have a diff ins now than I did when I had the LB

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 12:40 am

You sound literally exactly like me. I have the same story. You can definitely do a search for "revisions" or "removal, and then sleeved years later". 

All i can say is I had a fear that my stomach doesn't give a hoot about what I try to do to stop it, it will always intake a huge amount of food. I tried to stay positive before surgery, but that was in the back of my mind. I am terrified of failure as well. 

Well, I'm a month out (tomorrow) and let me tell you IT'S REALLY DIFFERENT. I am full. It's not like "ow, i think I'm full because this won't go down! let me go throw some up" full. It's legit fullness. 

I shock myself every time I make a meal and can't fini**** yesterday I made a snack of 2 pieces of soy bologna, a thing slice of swiss and some mustard, i had two of those and it felt like I ate a foot long sub, coke and chips. 

trust it. Trust yourself. trust the forum. Be brave and give yourself this gift of a second chance. yes, you'll go through many things to prepare you that feel like the lap band all over again, but get a therapist, get a doctor to sign off on this and do it! Best thing I've ever done in my life. You're worth the second chance. 

Best of luck, and keep us posted!!

Most Active
Recent Topics