Super obese- article indicates bariatric surgery does not extend life span (bmi>62)

happyteacher
on 2/18/15 10:50 am

Absolutely agree--- the article does not outline specifics other than the bmi. There is a big difference with a SMO bmi with several significant health complications compared to someone with the same bmi but no other major issues. It does not mention age or other risk factors. Singling out the SMO for regain can also be deceiving, as that occurs across the boards... but certainly not by everyone. At the end of the day I still firmly believe that the surgery can drastically improve quality of life unless the procedure itself could cause serious detrimental side affects for a specific individual with known issues. 

I was diagnosed with cancer a few months before I went through with surgery. I had simply decided that whatever time i had left, I wanted the best quality of life possible for that duration. 2 months post op I already had significant improvement and by 4 months out I was drastically improved. Quality of life is a huge payoff in and of itself!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics